Go Down

Topic: "Arduino Mega" photos up on lusorobotica.com (Read 7475 times) previous topic - next topic

AZRobbo

trialex

Beat me to it! Although it's been on hackaday for an hour or two I see..

Seems like the logical progression. Will be interesting to see the price. The serial ports will be awesome - no mucking around with software serial.

Looks like the non-standard digital 7 - 8 gap is still there - surely this was the time to move on!

koyaanisqatsi

Looks like the non-standard digital 7 - 8 gap is still there - surely this was the time to move on!

Based on my poor ability to translate the page, it's designed to be compatible with current shields.  So the weird pin spacing has to stay.
What about elevensies? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper?

AZRobbo

Mar 17, 2009, 02:53 am Last Edit: Mar 17, 2009, 02:54 am by 33Warlord Reason: 1
A nice touch to the "shield compatibility" is that all new pins stick out the bottom of the board, and wont be covered by a shield.

It also looks to have two voltage regs.  If so, this would seem to indicate separate 5V and 3.3V sources.  3.3V would therefore support more  current than the FTDI chip does today.

nkcelectronics

It also looks to have two voltage regs.  If so, this would seem to indicate separate 5V and 3.3V sources.  3.3V would therefore support more  current than the FTDI chip does today.

I think it is the same MOSFET used on the Duemilanove... so I guess 3.3V is still coming from the FTDI chip

AZRobbo

Yup, my mistake - I was looking at my Diecimila.  (and I got overly excited).  

dwentz

I did not see a reset button, and the headers do not look like they will work with the current shields, so maybe the spacing is fixed!

Dale

trialex

it's designed to be compatible with current shields

I know - but it seems like it was an opportunity to move on - the chip is no longer a "drop in replacement" like the 8/168/328 series.

I guess the massive bank of I/O off the right will be on a 0.1" grid, and therefore we could just use those inputs for "homemade" shields.

Yeah the more I think about it I gues that could be a good compromise.

nkcelectronics

I did not see a reset button, and the headers do not look like they will work with the current shields, so maybe the spacing is fixed!

Maybe everybody is overly excited!  Do you see the S1 switch?  That looks like a reset button to me

Aleator777

This looks amazing!  

Kudos to the dev team for keeping shield compatibility, I can't wait for this to arrive, hopefully it doesn't set us back $80+ though

retrolefty

Mar 17, 2009, 05:27 am Last Edit: Mar 17, 2009, 06:08 am by retrolefty Reason: 1
I want one. But do we have to wait for IDE V24 for built in support  ;)

Lefty

Oracle

An Arduino based on the 1280 was my number 1 requested "feature".

Any indication how soon can I have one and how much will it cost?

Patgadget

That will make everyone happy,
mini, normal and now mega, one for each application!
Nice.
Patgadget
Montreal

AlphaBeta

Now this is something!

Looking forward to this.

eried

My website: http://ried.cl

Go Up