Go Down

Topic: Need help writing simple code for filament extruder. Ardunio mega 2560 (Read 93 times) previous topic - next topic

Im part way through a little school project of mine where i am creating a filament extruder to save a bit of $$ on 3d printer filament. My design is somewhat along the lines of this http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Filastruder/ .I am up to the stage of wiring up my ramps 1.4 board which is ontop of an ardunio mega 2560 and i have not much of a clue as to how to program the ardunio to do what i want.
Attached i have a wiring diagram of my ramps board (ramps 1.4 connectors diagram also attached). Pretty much my goal is to make the extruder work like this:
1.Flip switch on 12v power supply
2.Ardunio and ramps power on
3.heater cartridges power and and begin to heat up
4.thermistor determines the temperature to which the cartridges heat up to.
5.extruder tip now at set temperature by heater cartridges.
6.While steps 3-5 are happening Nema 23 stepper motor is running at set speed and 12v fan is also running.
7.pretty much keep steps 3-6 running until power supply is turned off.

Those are the basic requirements i want to achieve. If anyone can give me some help as to what do with the programming that would be awesome as i have not much of a clue.
I am willing to pay but im in highschool and dont have a job soo it wont be for much.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131