Go Down

Topic: FREE PCBA  (Read 532 times) previous topic - next topic

swieio

Hey guys,

My name is Radu and I am a cofounder at Swie.io, a company that wants to make electronics manufacturing simple. We've just launched our platform and we wont to offer our first 200 customers free assembly (for projects below 20 pcs). This means that if you are among the first users, you will pay only for PCB and components and your boards will be assembled for free in our brand new smart factory. Interested? Drop me a line at radu@swie.io before confirming the order on our website so that I can validate it.

Best,
Radu

Paul_KD7HB

Hey guys,

My name is Radu and I am a cofounder at Swie.io, a company that wants to make electronics manufacturing simple. We've just launched our platform and we wont to offer our first 200 customers free assembly (for projects below 20 pcs). This means that if you are among the first users, you will pay only for PCB and components and your boards will be assembled for free in our brand new smart factory. Interested? Drop me a line at radu@swie.io before confirming the order on our website so that I can validate it.

Best,
Radu
May be a trap. The link immediately redirects to another site and my browser won't allow that.

Paul

swieio

Aug 29, 2017, 09:38 am Last Edit: Aug 29, 2017, 09:43 am by swieio
Ha, that's strange. The link redirects to https://www.swie.io/portal/index.html which is certainly not a trap. We'll investigate the issue and let you know. Thanks for taking the time to reply to this post.

Best,
Radu

PaulMurrayCbr

Aug 30, 2017, 09:45 am Last Edit: Aug 30, 2017, 09:48 am by PaulMurrayCbr
I'm browsing their site, still at a loss as to what they actually do.

We aim to be the next-generation platform for agile electronics manufacturing by utilizing industry 4.0 smart factory practices.

A true end to end manufacturing solution that will take care of all your custom electronics production needs.
"Aim to be"? Does this mean they don't actually do anything yet? What's industry 4.0?  Oh - there's a blog page on industry 4.0. That's helpful. Apparently, it's "all about people". Well, I'm not so sure about that. Being an engineering type, myself, the less it has to do with people, the better.

Maybe this helps to explain it:
However, that let's say that the big industrial revolution is taking place right now. Where you have the cyber, let's say the innovation is the cyber physical systems. It's basically a set of algorithms controlling a wide area of sensors and of products. And while the 3rd industrial revolution focused a lot on hardware automation this 4th industrial revolution focuses a lot on software and on big data, and how we can use that big data to serve our customers better.
So, these guys can print off your PCB using Big Data? Or something? They have a wide area of cyber sensors with algorithms?

If that seemed a little unclear, maybe this can help:
Ownership is also well connected to experience. People are not necessarily tied to physical products anymore. They are tied to the ecosystem that is around it. So yes, the mind shift has changed.
Still not entirely sure about how all this will get your PCBs manufactured.

No! Wait! They have drivers! "Drivers" is a word I recognise! What can they tell me about drivers? Well, apparently, there are three of them:

The first one is digital and integrated processes in a company. … The second driver is the digital product and the in-service offerings. …The third driver is the digital business model where companies need to optimize customer interaction and offer a complete end to end solution.
I gotta tell you guys, I am still not getting it.
http://paulmurraycbr.github.io/ArduinoTheOOWay.html

swieio

Hey Paul,

Sorry for confusing you. However, you are trying to mix and match the content on the website (which I agree it's not perfect) with one of our blog posts.

Regarding the website content, it's simple, we produce assembled PCBs.

Regarding the blog post that you mentioned, it's actually the transcript of a webinar around Industry 4.0 that we've held a year ago. You can also read it on Medium. As any opinion piece, it is debatable and we appreciate the feedback.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply to this and if there's anything I can help you with, drop me a line at radu@swie.io.

Cheers.

Go Up