Go Down

Topic: Arduino 0016 now available. (Read 2025 times) previous topic - next topic

mellis

From the software page: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software

Changes include:

[documentation / examples]

* New communication examples (w/ corresponding Processing and Max/MSP code) by Tom Igoe.

[core / libraries]

* Adding support for the Arduino Pro and Pro Mini 3.3V / 8 MHz w/ ATmega328.

* Adding support for the LilyPad Arduino w/ ATmega328.

* Adding write(str) and write(buf, size) methods to Print, Serial, and the Ethernet library Client and Server classes.  This allows for more efficient (fewer packet) Ethernet communication.  (Thanks to mikalhart.)

* Improvements to the way the Ethernet library Client class connects and disconnects.  Should reduce or eliminate failed connections and long timeouts.  (Thanks to Bruce Luckcuck.)

* Optimizing the timer0 overflow interrupt handler (used for millis() and micros()).  Thanks to westfw and mikalhart.

* Fixing bug that limited the bit() macro to 15 bits.  Thanks to Paul Badger.

* Adding ARDUINO version constant (thanks to prodding from mikalhart).

[environment]

* Ordering the items in the Tools > Board menu.

* Adding "Copy as HTML" command to the Tools menu.

* Eliminating (maybe) the occasional "Couldn't determine program size" errors.  Thanks to the Clever Monkey.

* Moving selection of Linux look-and-feel into the arduino script so it can be changed by users.  Thanks to Eberhard Fahle.

[tools]

* Adding automatic dependency generation to the Makefile.  (Lars Immisch)

interlol

Congratulation!

For an alternative to "Copy as HTML", you can try Pygments, it's a Python-library with a command line program rather easy to use.

(and I go back to reading "Foundations of Analog and Digital Electric Circuits"...)

Ron C

Exactly what is the "ARDUINO version constant" mentioned in the new features?

follower

As I recall it's a feature to enable people to develop libraries that need to act differently depending on the Arduino version. e.g. they might need to work around a bug in a particular version, be optimised in a particular way or use a feature that is only in a particular version.

--Phil.

jafoca

As a relative noobie....  what would be the proper way to go about upgrading my Arduino software in Mac OSX leopard?

I have arduino 15 in a folder in my documents area now...  should I overwrite that with the newer files?

follower

Multiple versions of the IDE can co-exist happily on OS X as far as I can tell.

You could just drag the 0016 folder into the location you normally put your applications.

--Phil.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy