Go Down

Topic: Ardu-/Sanguino Clone Multiprobe (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Graynomad

Hi godo, I don't know why there hasn't been any response to this, it sounds petty interesting.

Re the SD card reading, is the card on the gadget and you want to read from the surface? If so what length is the cable?

______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

winner10920

It does seem quite interesting
the arduino probably can transfer the data but probably not very fast
the easiest way I could think is to send the data from the memory card byte at a time, then reconstructing it with a program on the computer
sorta like byte at a time sd data>>arduino>>serial>>pc>>sd data in a continuous loop until the memory card is read entirely
the problem is that is going to be very slow depending how large the file is

godo

Hi,
thanks for responding!
@Rob, yes, the card is on the "mainboard". See foto DSC00140.jpg: the board in the middle is the one with the MCU (but on the bottom side) and the clock and card on top. We discarded the cable idea from the begining.
@winner, wow, that sounds slow all right. Also, I am not a programmer, so this would take long. Maybe a future approach is a replacement with one of the mightier Atmel chips which already come with USB and the possibility to emulate an USB device. For know I will try to talk my boss out of it and propose very tight sealing and taking the SDcard out for reading instead. That would keep it somewhat much simpler and would require less changes of the design.
I'll keep posting on the development, thanks again!
??? ?????? ??????. ?? ???????? ??????. ????? ????????.

winner10920

I don't think it can imitate an sd card tho, it will still need to go through the mcu unless you can perhaps bypass the mcu and maybe have a port to directly read the sd card
or have the arduino act as a usb keyboard and have it read the sd and type it into say notepad
which makes the pc side easier, although idk how much speed it saves
or if you have a wireless component added and can send the data and store if off the mainboard for easy access, with or without mainboard storage as a backup

Graynomad

If you line is long you can't use USB, I would suggest an RS-485 link between two Arduinos. You could run that at 115200bps or even a lot faster.

The topside Arduino can then pass the data to the PC using USB.

______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

Go Up