Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino format with a 72MHz ARM Cortex-M3  (Read 4644 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Thanks for the comments....it's highly appreciated : -).

I did think about having identical syntax to Arduino but again, balance has to be maintained between Arduino Syntax limitation and processing capability. If it would be strictly Arduino syntax then a lot of additional processing power obtained from the newer mcu such as ARM Cortex-M3 in this case would not be utilized.

Let's see what other feedback I get, it is definitely possible to make Xduino run with 2 sets of syntax one as close as possible to Arduino and another can be an extended language and these 2 sets should work seamlessly.

Again, thanks for the quick feedback....

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

Count me in as interested in seeing the further development of a ARM system that has Arduino like hardware, form factor (would be nice to be able to reuse shields, etc.) and a IDE that needs only to be 'Arduino like' rather then 100% source level compatible with the core and library functions. Close enough is good enough.

However my next move will most likely be to a mega or mega clone, I like the larger number of I/O pins and large enough flash size increase. Faster then 16mhz would be nice however. I think the 8 bit core will continue to meet my needs for awhile yet.

Lefty

God Member
skcor oniudrA
View Profile

Nice work. Until the syntax and environment is the same as Arduino it would be "wise" and "useful" for you to point out the differences to anyone dropping in mistakenly thinking it's "Arduino compatible".

Eventually they'll discover that truth themselves, but you'll make a lot more friends if you are honest about what it really is, and that is, it "aspires" to be like Arduino, but it lacks practically everything that constitutes "an Arduino".

I'm sure your not intentionally setting out to mislead people, so don't you think it might be "prudent" to drop all references to Arduino, and even "duino" on your website "until" it really is an "Arduino-like" or "Arduino-compatible" ARM IDE?

Arduino rocks
View Profile

I like it.

Question, can use it without proprietary software?
If so I think I'll get one smiley

(Your page lists 5 toolsets, some of which use gcc, and consequently may be partially or entirely free, but they all have commercial versions as well so it wasn't clear to me if any of them were say, fit to make it into Debian's official repo's.)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Jump to: