Arduino 0013 released.

The linux release is a "binary" release, so it doesn't include much of the SVN directory.

Would you please consider uploading a full source tarball for the release as well, to help source-based distros fetch more easily when installing?

I could specify the SVN tag URL in the ebuild (and I'll have to otherwise), but that would unnecessarily add a subversion dependency to the package.

The linux2 version is an updated release in which the ATmega328p definition has been added to avrdude.conf (as with the Windows and Mac OS X releases).

Could updated releases have a minor version bump and be called something like "0013.1" for all platforms instead?

I could wrangle with the "2" as a special case designation (and I'll have to otherwise), but the process is cleaner if minor version designations are consistent.

I'll tag the release in a second.

I see that you have. Thanks!

I really appreciate all that has gone into this release, and I'm eager to help get it into the hands of lots of Gentoo users in the easiest way possible for them.

Hello!

The release notes for 0013 says:

• Added word, word(), bitRead(), bitWrite(), bitSet(), bitClear(), bit(),
    lowByte(), and highByte(); see reference for details.

Searching the included and online versions of reference doesn't have these commands. Could that be posted here?

Also, any chance of having a bootloader for the Arduino Mini Pro 16mhz added next time around?

Thanks
Paul Garcia

As far as I can tell, the Arduino Pro Mini 16MHz is identical to a Diecimilia or Duemilanove in all fuses and speed parameters in the boards.txt file.

The only difference is that you need an FTDI attachment to do the sketch upload. If you need 5V support from the SparkFun FTDI Basic Breakout, modify it this way:

Ed -

Would you by chance know of any villages looking for a new idiot? It would appear that I just qualified.

Here I've been studying the Mini Pro home page and the getting started material. Based on your suggestion under the FAQ, I had tried the decimille selection, and got the "AVR Dude doesn't recognize" message. So I keep digging, and asking....

Never even occured to me that the FTDI basic breakout was only putting out 3.3 volts! Use 5V, and guess what? Works just fine. And you know what? On the product description page for the 5V 16 mhz Pro mini, you know what the second sentence is? "...select 'Arduino Diecimila' within the Arduino software...".

Dumb, dumb, dumb!

Thanks for your patience.
Paul Garcia

Any ETA on Arduino 0013 for Linux AMD64 ?

Thanks,

-transfinite

FYI... I just pulled the v13 zip from Google (few times) and it won't unzip. Crashes Expander every time.

Pulled the zip from arduino.cc and it worked fine.

hth

[m]

Hi ,
The referece pages in the linux tarball are obsolete, it does not include the new functions and types ( word, word(), bitRead(), bitWrite(), bitSet(), bitClear(), bit(), lowByte(), and highByte() ) .

I guess

"* Adding support for printing floats to Print class (meaning that it works
in the Serial, Ethernet, and LiquidCrystal classes too). Includes two
decimal places."

means something different than I thought since Serial.print(); still gives an error. What DOES it mean?

It shouldn't give an error. Serial.print() works for me in REL 0013 :-?
What kind of error?

woohoo thank you. I still had 010 pinned to my start menu!

Just in case it's not obvious, Serial.print(); wasn't literal. The part meant a variable or number of type float or double. Something to be printed with a decimal point.

hey!

when can i upgrade my 0012-linux-amd64 package to 0013?

bye

As soon as someone builds a version of Arduino 0013 for 64-bit Linux. Any volunteers?

I'm curious. Don't 32bit binaries usually run on 64bit linux? What's the point in a 64bit Arduino binary? "amd64" means compiled for the AMD64 ABI, not specifically for an AMD cpu, right?

I thought the java code used for serial I/O was the problem ?

I was finally in a position to test this release on a machine with Mac OS X 10.5.2 and it failed to start, instead it generated the following error:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError

The error went away when I replaced the shipped version of librxtxSerial.jnilib with the librxtxSerial.jnilib version here.

Version 0012 runs fine on the same machine so I wonder if an (unintended?) configuration change in the build has resulted in the problem.

More details on fixing the gnu.io.RXTXCommDriver UnsatisfiedLinkError error here.

--Phil.

i think, the amd64 version would use the normal libraries and java-amd64?

but the 32-bit version would need a lot of fumbling... :slight_smile:

e. g.: lib/librxtxSerial.so

or did that change?

i just installed rxtx.x86_64 (for fedora 10 currently: 0:2.1-0.2.7r2.fc10)...
and removed the lib/librxtxSerial.so file in the arduino 0013 directory
and soft-linked /usr/lib64/rxtx/librxtxSerial.so to lib/librxtxSerial.so...

it can compile and upload on amd64 now... natively... :slight_smile:

WOOOT!

This works for openSUSE as well :slight_smile:

They provide rxtx-java packages on their download site via software search. I updated the installation manuals on the playground for this distribution.

In todays jaunty 9.04 librxtx-java 2.1.7r2-4 failed on X86_64; however:
the version from http://rxtx.qbang.org/pub/rxtx/rxtx-2.2pre2-bins.zip
works fine.