Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino 0017 now available.  (Read 3334 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

good.
simulation taux banque credit immobilier de France-Credit immobilier deFrance, simulation credit immobilier. Résultat mitigé pour le crédit immobilier deFrance.simulation taux banque credit immobilier de France

Dallas, Texas
God Member
View Profile

Thanks EmilyJane - I did look in there first - but obviously didn't look hard enough!

Well, me neither. After everything being in the application folder for so long, it was  a shock to me for everything to be somewhere else.

London, UK
Arduino rocks
View Profile

I can't say its all that user friendly - or is there a way of installing libraries via the user interface?

I'd prefer it if they were in your home folder - that way portable too.

KC4MM
View Profile

Significant improvements! Thanks!

But a couple of comments --

Previous versions start up with the last sketch used. V17 doesn't although the location IS stored in preferences.txt. Is there some switch that needs to be set and I'm missing it?

Also it sure would be nice if the app opened with the last window sizes and positions. All that stuff is stored but it always comes up at the defaults. This isn't new with 017.

Finally are the settings in preferences.txt documented somewhere?

Forum Administrator
Cambridge, MA
Faraday Member
View Profile

You should put libraries in the libraries sub-directory of your Arduino sketchbook folder (e.g. ~/Documents/Arduino on Mac or My Documents/Arduino on Windows).  You'll need to create the libraries/ directory.  This way, libraries can stick around when you upgrade the version of Arduino.  I'll try to update the documentation soon.

Japan
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Previous versions start up with the last sketch used. V17 doesn't ..
Also it sure would be nice if the app opened with the last window sizes and positions.

This issue seems to be bug of Processing 1.0.3 (base of Arduino IDE-0017).
  http://dev.processing.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=837

When exit IDE from File Menu -> Quit or Ctrl-Q, last window size/position and sketch was saved. Even exit from File Menu, sometimes IDE start with default configurations.

KC4MM
View Profile

I see. You are correct. If I exit from the file menu (file/quit) the last sketch and window positions are restored when I restart the IDE. But if I exit using the close button in the upper right corner of the window they are not restored. However in both cases they are saved. Interesting.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 04:50:42 pm by RoyK » Logged

Dallas, Texas
God Member
View Profile

You should put libraries in the libraries sub-directory of your Arduino sketchbook folder (e.g. ~/Documents/Arduino on Mac or My Documents/Arduino on Windows).  You'll need to create the libraries/ directory.  This way, libraries can stick around when you upgrade the version of Arduino.  I'll try to update the documentation soon.

So we'll use the #include "header.h" format for libraries that go in the ~/Documents/Arduino/libraries folder?

Forum Administrator
Cambridge, MA
Faraday Member
View Profile

You should be able to use the same syntax as for the libraries that come with Arduino (and are in hardware/libraries).

USA
Freeduino rocks
View Profile

I found it to be very responsive to board changes.

I also noticed that the sketch is reported as uploaded way before it actually uploads to the board.  Any upload error appears later.

Chile
Edison Member
Arduino rocks?
View Profile

Why the "import library" submenu has "..." at the end in this version?

It seems to be wrong following natural gui guidelines for menus

My website: http://ried.cl

Toronto, Canada
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Awesome!  Compiler errors in multi-tab sketches and .h files are now correctly reported and located!

Where is a tutorial that shows how to use .h files for #defines and other functions, how to use multi-tab sketches? I couldn't find such info (I might be blind or I'm missing something) besides library tutorial. I do not wish to create libraries for everything... How you guys do it? I mean I want to separate the executional layer from the logic layer, how do I do that?

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

Where is a tutorial that shows how to use .h files

No need just put the files .h or .pde files in the same folder as your sketch and they appear in tabs when you open the sketch.

I tried 17 last night and I have had two problems with it.

1) In the Board menu each board is reported twice and there is a tick beside each. Selecting a different board results in that being ticked plus the original choice being ticked.

2) My 4X4 RGB monome won't compile. This has been traced to the library I hacked for the TLC5940. In particular single pin port definitions (only indirectly referred to in the library) like PB6 do not appear in the core as they did in earlier versions. Is there a work round for this?

London
Tesla Member
Have fun!
View Profile

I tried 17 last night and I have had two problems with it.

1) In the Board menu each board is reported twice and there is a tick beside each. Selecting a different board results in that being ticked plus the original choice being ticked.
2) ... single pin port definitions (only indirectly referred to in the library) like PB6 do not appear in the core as they did in earlier versions. Is there a work round for this?

Those port defines are in iomx8.h (or iomx0_1.h for the mega) which is included by io168.h / io328.h  (or io1280.h)
They work for me .
Can't comment on the boards problem, it works ok on my Windows box  smiley-wink
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 04:39:33 am by mem » Logged

Arduino rocks
View Profile

OK, this is a disaster. I have the same "every board twice in Board menu" problem as mem; I have inexplicable and inconsistent compile errors such as symbols multiply defined or undefined; I have null pointer crashes; I have empty sketches that keep reappearing... I'm going straight back to 0016.

My guess is that this is something to do with using the same library on two different boards, and it's caching things wrong, because a lot of the errors refer to files in tmp directories. I've tried deleting these, but the errors soon recur.

Please fix! Multiple windows would be nice, if it worked.

Barney.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Jump to: