Go Down

Topic: Arduino 0017 now available. (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

todotani

Previous versions start up with the last sketch used. V17 doesn't ..
Also it sure would be nice if the app opened with the last window sizes and positions.

This issue seems to be bug of Processing 1.0.3 (base of Arduino IDE-0017).
 http://dev.processing.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=837

When exit IDE from File Menu -> Quit or Ctrl-Q, last window size/position and sketch was saved. Even exit from File Menu, sometimes IDE start with default configurations.

mellis

You should put libraries in the libraries sub-directory of your Arduino sketchbook folder (e.g. ~/Documents/Arduino on Mac or My Documents/Arduino on Windows).  You'll need to create the libraries/ directory.  This way, libraries can stick around when you upgrade the version of Arduino.  I'll try to update the documentation soon.

RoyK

Significant improvements! Thanks!

But a couple of comments --

Previous versions start up with the last sketch used. V17 doesn't although the location IS stored in preferences.txt. Is there some switch that needs to be set and I'm missing it?

Also it sure would be nice if the app opened with the last window sizes and positions. All that stuff is stored but it always comes up at the defaults. This isn't new with 017.

Finally are the settings in preferences.txt documented somewhere?

JamesCarruthers

I can't say its all that user friendly - or is there a way of installing libraries via the user interface?

I'd prefer it if they were in your home folder - that way portable too.

EmilyJane

Thanks EmilyJane - I did look in there first - but obviously didn't look hard enough!

Well, me neither. After everything being in the application folder for so long, it was  a shock to me for everything to be somewhere else.

Go Up