Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Unable to upload to Arduino Ethernet  (Read 5301 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hallo Massimo

I use a UartBee V3.1 by Aiber.Miao (www.speeedstudio.com) which works great for other Arduinos with the ArduinoBoardEthernet modulle. But I also can only receive the "Reset done." reponse in the serial-monitor. Sending sketches to the board type "Arduino Ethernet (USB..)" always do fail too. Please put me on the mailing list in case you find a solution for this issue.

Can you exactly specify which USB module works to download sketches by the Arduino v22?

Many thanks

arduinomaníaco
Arduino rocks
View Profile

http://scuola.arduino.cc/en/content/upgrade-arduino-ethernet-bootloader-latest-version

View Profile

I have a 'very-recently purchased' Arduino ethernet with the usb2serial adapter.
It works flawlessly with Arduino 022 but I encounter programming problems, the usual 'avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00', if I try Arduino 1.0beta4 or RC, I've tried to reset the Arduino before programming without success.

thanks,
 Paolo.

View Profile

I have a 'very-recently purchased' Arduino ethernet with the usb2serial adapter.
It works flawlessly with Arduino 022 but I encounter programming problems, the usual 'avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00', if I try Arduino 1.0beta4 or RC, I've tried to reset the Arduino before programming without success.

thanks,
 Paolo.

I found the solution browsing thru the forum... in the boards.txt, the programming protocol has to be changed from stk500 to arduino.

after that Arduino 1.0 manages to program my Ethernet board as 022 always did.

ciao,
 Paolo.

"The old Europe"
Edison Member
Bootloaders suck!
View Profile

It's a wild guess, but maybe helpful.

Currently (V 0022) the Arduino IDE resets the board, then starts avrdude to upload. When the time delay is too large it fails. This is especially true if the bootloader has a short timeout period.

With version 1.0 the IDE comes with avrdude 5.11, which supports the 'arduino' programmer type and resets the board on its own. A time delay before starting avrdude won't matter.

OpenSUSE users that have problems with V0022 _now_ (11.4/tumbleweed/factory) can download avrdude 5.11 on the opensuse website! It will be installed to '/usr/bin/avrdude' and '/etc/avrdude.conf'.

a) Use these new versions to replace the arduino-ized versions in the arduino folder.
b) change 'boards.txt' to use 'XXX.upload.protocol=arduino' instead of 'XXX.upload.protocol=stk500'

Now the current 0022 IDE still resets the board and starts avrdude, BUT avrdude will reset the board again and start the upload. The time delay between the IDE and avrdude invocation is irrelevant.

Please test ;-)

• Upload doesn't work? Do a loop-back test.
• There's absolutely NO excuse for not having an ISP!
• Your AVR needs a brain surgery? Use the online FUSE calculator.
My projects: RGB LED matrix, RGB LED ring, various ATtiny gadgets...
• Microsoft is not the answer. It is the question, and the answer is NO!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: