Go Down

Topic: Problem with Arduino EtherShield V1.1 (ENC28J) (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Hieronymus

Hi Guy´s. I´m new on the Arduino world and currently I´m trying to let my arduino read Temperature from a Sensor and send the Value over the Lan to my Linux Server and write it down to a prepared MySQL DB. I´ve prepared a PHP Script who write to the DB. All my little Arduino needs to do is do a HTTP Request

"p.e. http://my-server/arduino/send_data.php?TEMP=value". Okay that sounds very simple :P and with the original Arduino Ethernet Shield, this shouldn´t be a Problem but I have the cheaper Version who called "EtherShield". I´ve downloadet the latest Version of the Librarie on Google Code and I´ve tried one of the Examples who works fine. I was able to Ping the Device and I was able to connect to the Device (with the Webserver Example).

Now I´ve googled a bit and find a dummy source on "Andy´s Life" Webpage who should do exactly what I want do. I´ve changed the Values to fit to my Network and I´ve deleted the part of his Code where he is reading his Sensor Data.

All my Code should do now is reply to a Ping Request and sending every 30 Secondes "123456" to my Database. Ok so far so good. Here is my Code:

Code: [Select]
#include <etherShield.h>

static uint8_t mymac[6] = {0xAA,0x55,0x58,0x10,0x00,0x24};         //Shields Mac Address
static uint8_t myip[4] = {192,168,1,222};                          //Arduino's IP Address
static uint8_t gwip[4] = {192,168,1,1};                           //Arduino's Gateway Address
static uint8_t webip[4] = {192,168,1,2};                          //Server's IP Address

// The name of the virtual host which you want to contact at webip (hostname of the first portion of the URL):

#define WEB_VHOST "192.168.1.2"                                    //Virtual Host Name of the Server
#define WEBURL "/arduino/send_data.php?TEMP=123456"                     //PHP Script Location
#define MYWWWPORT 80     

static volatile uint8_t start_web_client=0;  // 0=off but enabled, 1=send update, 2=sending initiated, 3=update was sent OK, 4=diable updates
static uint8_t web_client_attempts=0;
static uint8_t web_client_sendok=0;
static uint8_t resend=0;

#define STATUS_BUFFER_SIZE 50

#define BUFFER_SIZE 650
static uint8_t buf[BUFFER_SIZE+1];

// Instantiate the EtherShield class
EtherShield es=EtherShield();

// prepare the webpage by writing the data to the tcp send buffer
uint16_t print_webpage(uint8_t *buf)
{
  uint16_t plen;

plen = es.ES_fill_tcp_data_p(buf,0,PSTR("HTTP/1.0 200 OK\r\nContent-Type: text/html\r\nPragma: no-cache\r\n\r\n"));
  plen=es.ES_fill_tcp_data_p(buf,plen,PSTR("<h1>Temp/Humidity Monitor</h1><pre>\n"));

return(plen);
}

// Browser callback, where we get to after receiving a reply to an update, should really
// do somthing here to check all was OK.
void browserresult_callback(uint8_t statuscode,uint16_t datapos){
  if (statuscode==0){
    web_client_sendok++;
  }
  // clear pending state at sucessful contact with the
  // web server even if account is expired:
  if (start_web_client==2) start_web_client=3;
}

// Perform setup on ethernet and oneWire
void setup(){

// initialize enc28j60
  es.ES_enc28j60Init(mymac);
  //init the ethernet/ip layer:
  es.ES_init_ip_arp_udp_tcp(mymac,myip, MYWWWPORT);
  // init the web client:
  es.ES_client_set_gwip(gwip);  // e.g internal IP of dsl router
}

// The business end of things
void loop(){
  uint16_t dat_p;
  int8_t cmd;
  start_web_client=1;

unsigned long lastSend = millis();
  unsigned long time;

while(1){
    // handle ping and wait for a tcp packet
    dat_p=es.ES_packetloop_icmp_tcp(buf,es.ES_enc28j60PacketReceive(BUFFER_SIZE, buf));
    if(dat_p==0){
      time = millis();
      if( time > (lastSend + 30000) ) {
        resend=1; // resend once if it failed
        start_web_client=1;
        lastSend = time;}

if (start_web_client==1) {
        es.ES_client_set_wwwip(webip);
        es.ES_client_browse_url(PSTR(WEBURL),PSTR(WEB_VHOST),NULL, &browserresult_callback);
        start_web_client=2;
        web_client_attempts++;  }
      continue;   }
    dat_p=print_webpage(buf);
    es.ES_www_server_reply(buf,dat_p); // send data
  } }

Okay. :P If I write this to my Arduino, it seams that he just make nothing. The Board don´t answer my Ping Requests, It don´t call the PHP Script, It don´t create his Website yeah it even don´t try to connect to the Server (seen Apache log files).

If you have any Ideas for my Problem, I would be very Happy :-)

Thanks a lot Friends :)

Hieronymus

Hi Guys Problem detected and solved.

The command "  es.ES_enc28j60SpiInit(); "  faid on void setup()

Subject can be closed. Thanks

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy