Go Down

Topic: Very Small Arduino (Read 15 times) previous topic - next topic

retrolefty

Any one have any comments?  I'm gonna order a batch of boards from itead studio.

Yes, you should call it the BabyBobbyuino.  ;)

Lefty

Flyser

This is better, much cleaner.

Did you design that? Don't you think a thinner, but longer PCB would be better? (like 15mm*30mm) often the space is only limited in one direction ...

CrossRoads

Well, with a $1 PCB, a $3 processor, about 15 cents in Rs & Cs and 31 cents for a crystal, I think I can have something nice & small and more repeatable than glomming parts onto a socket. The ICSP header is just D11, D12, D13 and power, reset, groud, which are all available on the header pins, so don't really need them twice. Same with Rx, Tx, power, ground - DTR! I forgot cap for that. That's why I had an extra pin.

Any orientation is possible, any collection of hardware ...
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

CrossRoads

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

bperrybap

To me the side-uino DIP is much more interesting than the smaller unit.
(very similar to the sippino: http://spikenzielabs.com/SpikenzieLabs/sippino.html)
The reason that I like it better is few a few reasons, but mainly because the larger unit
can be talked to by using standard things & connectors. i.e. you can hook up an 6 pin ISP
connector, a 6 pin FTDI cable, or even plug it directly into a bread board.

With the smaller unit, you will always have to wire up something to use it & program it.
I think it would helpful on the smaller unit if it had say a 6 pin serial port, or an ISP port,
or perhaps another set of 2 holes along the edge where the digital or analog pins are so
that you could plug in sensors or servos directly. Then it would start to hit my hot buttons.
It would make the board bigger but would it really be bigger by the time you make the board
usable in its current form?

Just my thoughts...
---- bill

Go Up