Go Down

Topic: Arduino AC Power Shield! (Read 28 times) previous topic - next topic

Sparks

What does "Meh" have to contribute? Someone took the time to give a thoughtful answer. Whether or not you agree with it, I think they deserve better. +1 to your post count though.

daveg360

Mar 18, 2010, 10:40 pm Last Edit: Mar 19, 2010, 12:04 am by daveg360 Reason: 1
My previous reply was rather harsh.  Could you explain to me, being an expert, how this falls into a separate category to say a manufacturer supplying an IC or relay?  Neither of those devices are intrinsically safe yet they are allowed for sale.  I see a shield as a the same.  On it's own it is useless, it doesn't come in a pretty shiny plastic box and it is not a device that would be purchased by someone without a least some knowledge.
If your system involves lethal voltages/life critical/flamable elements - you probably shouldn't need to ask.
The Arduino != PC.

koyaanisqatsi

Can we _please_ get off the subject of safety?  This area has been covered numerous times in this thread and the OP is well aware of the problems of exposed AC.

Please review previous posts and understand what has already been BEATEN TO DEATH before posting any more about safety.

Thanks.
What about elevensies? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper?

mowcius

Ok, last thing on safety, if you sell it as a kit then I think you can get round most of these electrical safety law things.

Mowcius

mowcius

What does "Meh" have to contribute? Someone took the time to give a thoughtful answer.

Well, I could have put, well I kind of agree but I thought that meh summed up my views quite nicely  ;)

Mowcius

Go Up