Go Down

Topic: Bitlash 1.1 is available for download... (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

westfw

One issue that would need to be addressed is the question of what to use in place of the AVR EEPROM for macro storage.

Many of the "more powerful" microcontrollers with no separate eeprom have flash program memory that is more easily writable than the AVR's (ie writable at a much finer granularity than the boot/normal banking of the AVR.)  For example, the Stellaris LM3S8971 has flash memory that is protectible in 2k blocks, erasable in 1K blocks, and writable 32bits at a time.

billroy

So the flash could be a reasonably workable substitute for EEPROM, it sounds like.  Not to mention "vast".

Thanks, westfw.

-br

Radames

amazing application!
I think it will be a very good tool to teach Arduino.
I'll try and let you know
thanks.

westfw

Have  you thought about combining bitlash with Telemate (AVR-generated video)?  Scan a PS2 keyboard during horizontal retrace. actually run the script during vertical retrace.  Practically stand-alone.  (and shades of Sinclair ZX80!)

billroy

What a cool idea!  Thanks for the pointer to Telemate.  It doesn't look like it would be hard at all to do the output-side integration, does it?

Remembering the Sinclair ZX-80 always makes me smile.  Thanks.

-br

Go Up