Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27   Go Down
Author Topic: Your latest purchase (August 20th to February 11th)  (Read 40090 times)
Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

But liudr, it doesn't look like it needs table space - looks s smiley-lol enough to hang up on the wall over your desk

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Global Moderator
Melbourne, Australia
Brattain Member
Lua rocks!
View Profile

My Saleae Logic analyzer takes up less desk space than an Arduino Uno (excepting the cables of course). And since it is black, sometimes I have to hunt around to find the blasted thing amongst all the other mess that typically is on my desk. smiley-wink

http://www.gammon.com.au/electronics

Please post technical questions on the forum - not to me by personal message. Thanks a lot.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Same to  you Nick - hang it up on the wall smiley-cool

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.

Global Moderator
Melbourne, Australia
Brattain Member
Lua rocks!
View Profile

The connecting wires aren't *that* long!

But I've written an email to Saleae about their cables/pins that keep dropping off. Hopefully they will replace them.

http://www.gammon.com.au/electronics

Please post technical questions on the forum - not to me by personal message. Thanks a lot.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
View Profile

They sent me a replacement cable, I think it was the probes that were the problem tho - looked like the probe 'pins' were too thin to stay in the ends of the wires.  Replacement probes have pins that look to be double thickness.

SF Bay Area (USA)
Tesla Member
Strongly opinionated, but not official!
View Profile

How can a nice scope cost only $400?! I thought it's at least $1K.
As @justjed said, that's a comparable price to the Rigol scopes that have been getting pretty consistent good reviews:
http://www.saelig.com/PSBEB100/PSPC016.htm

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile

But liudr, it doesn't look like it needs table space - looks s smiley-lol enough to hang up on the wall over your desk

My desk is inside a fishbowl (bay window) If I had a basement workshop I'd put in racks for electronics: PSU, multimeter, o-scope etc.

westfw, thanks for the link. The scope looks pretty good and has 3-yr warranty while I can't find warranty on the sparkfun scope. If I decide to buy something expensive, it will probably be that scope with warranty. I've been buying parts here and there so if I stop buying parts for arduino fro 4 month, I'll have close to $400 saved smiley

CO, USA
God Member
View Profile

Technically, not a purchase. The landlord volunteers for community recycle day. He salvaged a couple things for me -- a Canon inkjet / scanner combo, and an old Agfa scanner.

The Canon, being mostly plastic, I just took apart. 3 motors and some drivetrain stuff, a power suppy, and if I get bored, I might salvage some discrete parts from the boards. Oh, and I haven't taken the control panel apart yet, but might be a usable LCD in there.

I didn't take the Agfa apart, because once I removed the case covers, I thought that a couple of good linear motion assemblies might be useful just like they are. Don't know what I might do with them -- maybe trade to a roboticist for something. I got a chuckle out of the control board on the Agfa lid unit. Compared to the Canon (all SMD stuff) it looks positively retro!

But liudr, it doesn't look like it needs table space - looks s X D enough to hang up on the wall over your desk
Gotta love that auto-smiley insertion. What if you really did want 'Bee close paren'? And it can make typos amusing too!

... it is poor civic hygiene to install technologies that could someday
facilitate a police state. -- Bruce Schneier

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

Something to play with, dial-a-clock module:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130582844364?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1431.l2649

CO, USA
God Member
View Profile

Is it more accurate than  millis()?  smiley-twist

... it is poor civic hygiene to install technologies that could someday
facilitate a police state. -- Bruce Schneier

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
View Profile

Probably not, but then again it won't fear the dreaded roll-over disease.  smiley-wink

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
View Profile

Anybody see this shield at nkcelectronics?

128 x 128, 65,536 color, $19.95.

http://store.nkcelectronics.com/rgb-lcd-shield-for-arduino-65k-color-k65.html
I just ordered two, now to come up with a project ...

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
View Profile

That is a very nice price. Let us know how well they assemble and operate.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
View Profile

Now that I think about it, there was a newb type post about a missing manual for this kit - I figure it won't be a problem having the schematic and parts placement noted on the board, being a EE and all ...

http://www.henningkarlsen.com/electronics/images/libpics/L0032P001310329548.png
http://www.henningkarlsen.com/electronics/images/libpics/L0032P001310329549.png
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 09:00:20 pm by CrossRoads » Logged

New River, Arizona
God Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

I just wish folks would build things like this so one can put a panel over the top of it.  How hard would it be to remote the display?

Trying to keep my house under control http://www.desert-home.com/

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27   Go Up
Jump to: