Go Down

Topic: Your latest purchase (August 20th to February 11th) (Read 80726 times) previous topic - next topic

buzzdavidson

Microsoft Visual Basic, Professional Edition.

Haven't even unwrapped it yet!

Kill it!  Kill it with fire!

heh.

cr0sh

I just purchase 50 used L298s for $25.00 (approx) on Ebay...

Either I got a good deal, or I got hosed - one of the two!  :smiley-mr-green:
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

CrossRoads

luidr,
On the CP2102 module:
Cut the Reset trace, add a jumper over from the DTR pin. Little trick picked up from Retrolefty.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

CrossRoads

Just received the Saleae 8 channel analyzer - seriously tiny!
Nice zippered storage case to keep it in as well.

Nick G, Rob G: is there a trick to getting the probes on the leads? Mine keep falling off.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

nickgammon

One of mine does that all the time, I thought I must have done something silly like push it onto a pin that was too large. It's starting to get on my nerves, so I was going to try crimping it to be a bit tighter.
Please post technical questions on the forum, not by personal message. Thanks!

More info: http://www.gammon.com.au/electronics

Texy

So, this press photo will go in my "collection" of youthful nostalgia.

Speaking of nostalgia, I was cleaning out my junk today and stumbled across Adventure Quest for the Amstrad:

This was supplied on a medium that some of you may not have used for a while: cassette tape:

The game boasts that it has "225 individually described locations".

The instruction booklet informs you of how they managed to squeeze so much gameplay into 32 Kb of memory:

I see a £ sign - Ex-Pat ??

Texy

focalist

32K.. gee that sounds familiar..

So, let's see.  It's on tape as a binary for 8080/8086... so you should be able to "read" the binary using a sampling routine for the FSK encoding.  After that, convert the opcodes into equivalent for Atmel.. and release it for Arduino.

Easy, huh?

avenue33

Just received the Saleae 8 channel analyzer - seriously tiny!
Nice zippered storage case to keep it in as well.

Nick G, Rob G: is there a trick to getting the probes on the leads? Mine keep falling off.

Very nice device. I have one too and experience the same minor issues.

• Rotate the cable when inserting it into the probe.

• Push on the back of the rear part of the probe so the metal hook go back inside the plastic.   

liuzengqiang

luidr,
On the CP2102 module:
Cut the Reset trace, add a jumper over from the DTR pin. Little trick picked up from Retrolefty.

Thanks for the tip. I'll see if I can manage that. I have a pretty dull cutter. In case I mess up, I still have a use bub II from modern device.
Serial LCD keypad panel,phi_prompt user interface library,SDI-12 USB Adapter

CrossRoads

Take your time doing it. There is not much trace to cut there.

EmilyJane

My Saleae Logic is somewhere between here and Nasua, NH. I should get it by Saturday. My Digi wifi XBee development kit will be here tomorrow. I finally got ArduinoISP/avrdude talking to the AAG weather station, so it looks like my weekend is all set! :)

nickgammon

I see a £ sign - Ex-Pat ??

Well spotted. I worked in London for around 6 months doing contracting. Whilst there I needed my "computer" fix so I bought an Amstrad there. Then that (and other titles) from the HMV shop.

I brought the Amstrad back to Australia with me but the monitor was too bulky and heavy so I left it behind. Unfortunately it's been thrown out since. It was a nice little gadget.
Please post technical questions on the forum, not by personal message. Thanks!

More info: http://www.gammon.com.au/electronics

buzzdavidson

My Saleae Logic is somewhere between here and Nasua, NH. I should get it by Saturday. My Digi wifi XBee development kit will be here tomorrow. I finally got ArduinoISP/avrdude talking to the AAG weather station, so it looks like my weekend is all set! :)

Ooh, fun!  Check out the digi ConnectPort X2 if you're getting into XBee.  SparkFun sells them here: http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10569; you can also find them on the digi site, but their site is terrible.  The device is really nice if you have a bunch of XBees, it lets you remotely update firmware (over the air), runs Python scripts natively on the device, and can act as an internet gateway to boot.  I use mine to upload sensor data to a private Pachube feed.  Note that the Sparkfun model works with the S2 XBees.

And after typing all of that I realized that you mentioned the digi *wifi* xbee dev kit.  Sigh. 

EmilyJane

And after typing all of that I realized that you mentioned the digi *wifi* xbee dev kit.  Sigh.

lol. I already have a bunch of the original XBees. I thought it would be fun to play with wifi for a while. I should be able to build the equivalent of the ConnectPort X2 with one of these modules.

buzzdavidson

Thanks for the tip. I'll see if I can manage that. I have a pretty dull cutter. In case I mess up, I still have a use bub II from modern device.

Hmm, mine actually fit quite snugly - you might want to check with the Saleae logic folks directly, I hear their customer support is quite good.  I wouldn't be surprised if they just sent you a new set.

Go Up