Go Down

Topic: Your latest purchase (August 20th to February 11th) (Read 40 times) previous topic - next topic

buzzdavidson

Microsoft Visual Basic, Professional Edition.

Haven't even unwrapped it yet!

Kill it!  Kill it with fire!

heh.

cr0sh

I just purchase 50 used L298s for $25.00 (approx) on Ebay...

Either I got a good deal, or I got hosed - one of the two!  :smiley-mr-green:
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

CrossRoads

luidr,
On the CP2102 module:
Cut the Reset trace, add a jumper over from the DTR pin. Little trick picked up from Retrolefty.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

CrossRoads

Just received the Saleae 8 channel analyzer - seriously tiny!
Nice zippered storage case to keep it in as well.

Nick G, Rob G: is there a trick to getting the probes on the leads? Mine keep falling off.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.

Nick Gammon

One of mine does that all the time, I thought I must have done something silly like push it onto a pin that was too large. It's starting to get on my nerves, so I was going to try crimping it to be a bit tighter.

Texy

So, this press photo will go in my "collection" of youthful nostalgia.

Speaking of nostalgia, I was cleaning out my junk today and stumbled across Adventure Quest for the Amstrad:

This was supplied on a medium that some of you may not have used for a while: cassette tape:

The game boasts that it has "225 individually described locations".

The instruction booklet informs you of how they managed to squeeze so much gameplay into 32 Kb of memory:

I see a £ sign - Ex-Pat ??

Texy

focalist

32K.. gee that sounds familiar..

So, let's see.  It's on tape as a binary for 8080/8086... so you should be able to "read" the binary using a sampling routine for the FSK encoding.  After that, convert the opcodes into equivalent for Atmel.. and release it for Arduino.

Easy, huh?
When the testing is complete there will be... cake.

avenue33

Just received the Saleae 8 channel analyzer - seriously tiny!
Nice zippered storage case to keep it in as well.

Nick G, Rob G: is there a trick to getting the probes on the leads? Mine keep falling off.

Very nice device. I have one too and experience the same minor issues.

• Rotate the cable when inserting it into the probe.

• Push on the back of the rear part of the probe so the metal hook go back inside the plastic.   

liudr

luidr,
On the CP2102 module:
Cut the Reset trace, add a jumper over from the DTR pin. Little trick picked up from Retrolefty.

Thanks for the tip. I'll see if I can manage that. I have a pretty dull cutter. In case I mess up, I still have a use bub II from modern device.

CrossRoads

Take your time doing it. There is not much trace to cut there.

EmilyJane

My Saleae Logic is somewhere between here and Nasua, NH. I should get it by Saturday. My Digi wifi XBee development kit will be here tomorrow. I finally got ArduinoISP/avrdude talking to the AAG weather station, so it looks like my weekend is all set! :)

Nick Gammon

I see a £ sign - Ex-Pat ??

Well spotted. I worked in London for around 6 months doing contracting. Whilst there I needed my "computer" fix so I bought an Amstrad there. Then that (and other titles) from the HMV shop.

I brought the Amstrad back to Australia with me but the monitor was too bulky and heavy so I left it behind. Unfortunately it's been thrown out since. It was a nice little gadget.

buzzdavidson

My Saleae Logic is somewhere between here and Nasua, NH. I should get it by Saturday. My Digi wifi XBee development kit will be here tomorrow. I finally got ArduinoISP/avrdude talking to the AAG weather station, so it looks like my weekend is all set! :)

Ooh, fun!  Check out the digi ConnectPort X2 if you're getting into XBee.  SparkFun sells them here: http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10569; you can also find them on the digi site, but their site is terrible.  The device is really nice if you have a bunch of XBees, it lets you remotely update firmware (over the air), runs Python scripts natively on the device, and can act as an internet gateway to boot.  I use mine to upload sensor data to a private Pachube feed.  Note that the Sparkfun model works with the S2 XBees.

And after typing all of that I realized that you mentioned the digi *wifi* xbee dev kit.  Sigh. 

EmilyJane

And after typing all of that I realized that you mentioned the digi *wifi* xbee dev kit.  Sigh.

lol. I already have a bunch of the original XBees. I thought it would be fun to play with wifi for a while. I should be able to build the equivalent of the ConnectPort X2 with one of these modules.

buzzdavidson

Thanks for the tip. I'll see if I can manage that. I have a pretty dull cutter. In case I mess up, I still have a use bub II from modern device.

Hmm, mine actually fit quite snugly - you might want to check with the Saleae logic folks directly, I hear their customer support is quite good.  I wouldn't be surprised if they just sent you a new set.

Go Up