Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27   Go Down
Author Topic: Your latest purchase (August 20th to February 11th)  (Read 36450 times)
Seattle, WA
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

lol. I already have a bunch of the original XBees. I thought it would be fun to play with wifi for a while. I should be able to build the equivalent of the ConnectPort X2 with one of these modules.

The tricky bit is the OTA firmware update that the ConnectPort provides.  Worth its weight in gold, IMHO. 

I'll be curious to hear about your experience with the wifi bees.  They're on my (rather long) list of new tech to play with.

Boston Suburbs
God Member
I am above your silly so-called "Laws", Mister Ohm.
View Profile

I usually post things after I've already bought them... but I'm not buying this one.

However, I'm guessing someone is going to want to snipe this.. seems like an awesome deal if you need this type of part:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-DC-Converter-5V-9V-Pack-10-/150658902232?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2313f868d8

Ten pack of 5v -> 9v DC-DC converters.  Fifty cents each, domestic USA, delivered.

When I posted this, there were zero bids, price was $5 shipped.  A bit over a day left in the auction.

Get get em!

When the testing is complete there will be... cake.

Dallas, Texas
God Member
View Profile

lol. I already have a bunch of the original XBees. I thought it would be fun to play with wifi for a while. I should be able to build the equivalent of the ConnectPort X2 with one of these modules.

The tricky bit is the OTA firmware update that the ConnectPort provides.  Worth its weight in gold, IMHO. 

I'll be curious to hear about your experience with the wifi bees.  They're on my (rather long) list of new tech to play with.

So far so good. I went through the setup and got them talking to each other through my router in terminal mode. Like most of the Xbee stuff, in my experience, they require lots of patience when using XCTU to set them up.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

5V to 9V DC-DC converter.
9V output at 200mA.
I suppose could be handy for driving 8-10 strings of 3 or 4 LEDs depending on Vforward.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Nowhere
God Member
|-\ |\|\
View Profile

Big purchase, spending some of the money I earned working this summer.

Mackie 1202 VLZ3 mixer
Mackie onyx blackjack usb audio interface
Alesis Q25 MIDI keyboard controller
A bunch of audio cables/adaptors

And, in case you couldn't tell, my previous post about buying like 973 56-channel mixers was a joke.

Soundcloud page: http://soundcloud.com/beefinator-2
Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/beefinator14
Old soundcloud page (ran out o

Boston Suburbs
God Member
I am above your silly so-called "Laws", Mister Ohm.
View Profile

Starting to get the things I am going to need... it's going to be an Arduino-driven Halloween around here if I can do it.

Two bucks for 100 UV LED's (with resistors "for 5v&12v" included free), 55 cents for the electret microphone module.  Both include shipping.  Sure, it's not going to get here until the first week of October.. but that's fine.  Ebay is about patience and smart bidding smiley-wink

sweet!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 07:09:02 pm by focalist » Logged

When the testing is complete there will be... cake.

SF Bay Area (USA)
Tesla Member
Strongly opinionated, but not official!
View Profile

Those were common on "thin-net" coax ethernet cards.  It's not surprising that they've shown up cheap now that everyone is using twisted pair...

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

Because these are isolated converters, two of them would make great + and - 9vdc voltage sources for analog op-amp circuits.

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile

13 small speakes 10mm for $6 from a local surplus store. Ebay has similar things for less but I don't want to wait. I suspect they may have bought from ebay and sell for double in their stores.

Dallas, Texas
God Member
View Profile

Just received the Saleae 8 channel analyzer - seriously tiny!
Nice zippered storage case to keep it in as well.

Nick G, Rob G: is there a trick to getting the probes on the leads? Mine keep falling off.

I was confused when I read that people were having trouble with the probes because the ones that came with my USBee are very reliable and have never come off without quite a tug. Now that I have my Saleae, I see what everyone is complaining about. The difference is that USBee uses genuine E Z Hook XKM double grippers and Saleae uses a knockoff that apparently cuts some corners.

I did find a way to install the Saleae gripper to its lead that seems to work pretty well. When you try to push the female wire end onto the post of the gripper, the gripper tries to open. If you let it, then the plunger stays in a partially extended position that is almost guaranteed to eject the lead when you press the plunger. If, when you press the lead on, you prevent the plunger from extending, The lead stays on pretty well.

Or, you can buy a set of grippers from E Z Hook. smiley-grin

Maryland, USA
View Profile

Motorola Droid Bionic ... first android phone, love it smiley-grin  Can't wait to try out some Open ADK one of these days, once I get a handle on android development and the components required...

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Saleae replacement probes arrived. Pins look different, almost like the pin is folder back over on itself so there more there for the wire to go over.
Wires go on & stay on now.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Seattle, WA
View Profile

Motorola Droid Bionic ... first android phone, love it smiley-grin  Can't wait to try out some Open ADK one of these days, once I get a handle on android development and the components required...

Ditto.  Actually my third Android phone - first was a giveaway from Google I/O in 2009, second was the original Droid.  They keep getting better - this one is wickedly fast compared to the original Droid.  I've heard others complain about the "graininess" of the Pentile display (what a horrible product name), but to my old eyes it's crystal clear.  A 4.3" display IMHO is just on the edge of being too big to be called a cellphone, but it's not as awkward as I had feared.

Android development is pretty simple, if a bit convoluted. 

field road, jupiter creek
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Just ordered this lot from LittleBird-

1x 2.4GHz Duck Antenna RP-SMA - Large for $12.71 each
10x 1K0ohm 1/2 Watt 1% Metal Film Resistors - Pk.8 for $0.46 each
1x Servo Switch Harness 18" for $4.50 each
1x Nylon Spacer: 4mm Length, 5mm OD, 3.3mm ID (50-Pack) for $2.10 each
1x Seeeduino V2.2 (Atmega 328P) for $24.00 each
1x XBee Explorer USB for $27.95 each
1x LSM303DLH 3D Compass and Accelerometer Carrier with Voltage Regulators for $22.00 each
4x DC Barrel Jack - Panel Mount for $3.55 each
1x XBee Pro 60mW U.FL Connection for $55.14 each

and from Toys Down Under -

Rover 5 Robot Platform    ROB-ROVER-5    1    $ 59.95
Pan/Tilt Bracket    ROB-PAN-TILT    1    $ 8.95
Humidity and Temperature Sensor - SHT15 Breakout    SENS-TEMP-SHT15    1    $ 39.95
400 Point Breadboard - Clear    MSC-BREADBOARD-400-CLEAR    1    $ 7.15

Yes, I finally gave in to temptation, ordered a Rover 5!!

I have 2 FastTrax, with no transmitters or vehicle battery, but the chassis, motors, gear boxes and tracks are all there.
I'll get them running, but I want the Rover 5 to play with now!

I bought an Android Tablet, an Optus "MyTB" aka ZTE V9.
It's great!
I've been messing around with Processing for Android and this Basic + MySQL interpreter, as basics go it is ok.
I get full access to the Tablets resources.

Other thing I grabbed was a kaiser baas KBA03027 Bluetooth mini keyboard.
Can't get it to work with Android, but under XP, Linux and Ubuntu it's great!

« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 11:26:13 pm by cyberteque » Logged

Vejen, Denmark
Edison Member
RAWR! ^,..,^
View Profile

Another arduino nano for the next home automation node...

captain-slow.dk | non contagious!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27   Go Up
Jump to: