Go Down

Topic: Your latest purchase (August 20th to February 11th) (Read 40 times) previous topic - next topic

spirilis

Motorola Droid Bionic ... first android phone, love it :D  Can't wait to try out some Open ADK one of these days, once I get a handle on android development and the components required...

CrossRoads

Saleae replacement probes arrived. Pins look different, almost like the pin is folder back over on itself so there more there for the wire to go over.
Wires go on & stay on now.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

buzzdavidson

Motorola Droid Bionic ... first android phone, love it :D  Can't wait to try out some Open ADK one of these days, once I get a handle on android development and the components required...

Ditto.  Actually my third Android phone - first was a giveaway from Google I/O in 2009, second was the original Droid.  They keep getting better - this one is wickedly fast compared to the original Droid.  I've heard others complain about the "graininess" of the Pentile display (what a horrible product name), but to my old eyes it's crystal clear.  A 4.3" display IMHO is just on the edge of being too big to be called a cellphone, but it's not as awkward as I had feared.

Android development is pretty simple, if a bit convoluted. 

cyberteque

Sep 15, 2011, 06:24 am Last Edit: Sep 15, 2011, 06:26 am by cyberteque Reason: 1
Just ordered this lot from LittleBird-

1x 2.4GHz Duck Antenna RP-SMA - Large for $12.71 each
10x 1K0ohm 1/2 Watt 1% Metal Film Resistors - Pk.8 for $0.46 each
1x Servo Switch Harness 18" for $4.50 each
1x Nylon Spacer: 4mm Length, 5mm OD, 3.3mm ID (50-Pack) for $2.10 each
1x Seeeduino V2.2 (Atmega 328P) for $24.00 each
1x XBee Explorer USB for $27.95 each
1x LSM303DLH 3D Compass and Accelerometer Carrier with Voltage Regulators for $22.00 each
4x DC Barrel Jack - Panel Mount for $3.55 each
1x XBee Pro 60mW U.FL Connection for $55.14 each

and from Toys Down Under -

Rover 5 Robot Platform    ROB-ROVER-5    1    $ 59.95
Pan/Tilt Bracket    ROB-PAN-TILT    1    $ 8.95
Humidity and Temperature Sensor - SHT15 Breakout    SENS-TEMP-SHT15    1    $ 39.95
400 Point Breadboard - Clear    MSC-BREADBOARD-400-CLEAR    1    $ 7.15

Yes, I finally gave in to temptation, ordered a Rover 5!!

I have 2 FastTrax, with no transmitters or vehicle battery, but the chassis, motors, gear boxes and tracks are all there.
I'll get them running, but I want the Rover 5 to play with now!

I bought an Android Tablet, an Optus "MyTB" aka ZTE V9.
It's great!
I've been messing around with Processing for Android and this Basic + MySQL interpreter, as basics go it is ok.
I get full access to the Tablets resources.

Other thing I grabbed was a kaiser baas KBA03027 Bluetooth mini keyboard.
Can't get it to work with Android, but under XP, Linux and Ubuntu it's great!

bld

Another arduino nano for the next home automation node...
captain-slow.dk | non contagious!

Go Up