Go Down

Topic: Your latest purchase (August 20th to February 11th) (Read 40 times) previous topic - next topic

robtillaart

Very nice display, what you are going to do with it ?

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

cyberteque

Those displays are pretty cool!
When you have a look at the command set, it kinda leaves you wondering what your Arduino is going to be doing!
They have multiple UARTS, SPI, I2C, GPIO pins.
I think the language has built in support for parsing NMEA sentences.

focalist

Sep 17, 2011, 05:49 pm Last Edit: Sep 17, 2011, 08:30 pm by focalist Reason: 1
Very nice.. little pricey for me at the moment.  Does everything but the laundry!  I wonder how long before cheap knockoffs flood the market or simply mass-production cost savings will be.  I think it's out of the price range of most hobbyists, though.. I think things seem to do best below $50 US.  More of a mental limit than a financial one at times, I think.  $20 is usually the limits of "pocket cash", You can talk yourelf into spending $50, but it's exponentially harder to talk yourself into $100.  The thing looks far too fun to play with.. I hope the market price comes down on them....

However, I can't stop myself from posting this.  It's far too classic not to post.  Was cruising ebay, just surfing around.. and I found this:

I think it's actually real.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Get-any-Girl-System-/270816265301?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item3f0de84455

It's just so darn funny, especially the Jersey Shore Dude.  I just can't stop loving this ad.
When the testing is complete there will be... cake.

sync

Very nice display, what you are going to do with it ?

GPS related project.

sync

Those displays are pretty cool!
When you have a look at the command set, it kinda leaves you wondering what your Arduino is going to be doing!
They have multiple UARTS, SPI, I2C, GPIO pins.
I think the language has built in support for parsing NMEA sentences.

Wow! didnt know that. Really cool device indeed.

Go Up