Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27   Go Down
Author Topic: Your latest purchase (August 20th to February 11th)  (Read 30165 times)
Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

My second purchase of a ADS9850 DDS module. This is for my low power ham radio station I'm building. You know these modules can also work all the way down to audio frequencies and have square wave output avalible as well as sine wave, but I haven't fooled with square waves yet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270842833841?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Global Moderator
Brattain Member
View Profile

100 x TL431

Cost: $6.50 from eBay. Plus $2.60 shipping to Australia. Not bad.

Provides adjustable reference voltage from 2.5V to 36V by adjusting two resistors. Will play with this to see if I can make a "low voltage" detector.

New River, Arizona
God Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

5m 25mm wide Cable Tie velcro strap
Not sure what to do with these yet, but sounds handy.

Did I read that right, 5 meters long?  Wow, I can think of about 20 uses for something like that per minute.  I may just have to buy some of those too.

Trying to keep my house under control http://www.desert-home.com/

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Faraday Member
I learn a bit every time I visit the forum.
View Profile

Just got my US$8 micro-SD adapters from PJRC. My thumbnail is almost twice as big!

Also ATmega328-PU's for US$2.82 ea, I bought 2 and 12 ATTiny85's for US$1.39 ea.

I was looking at another line of ATMEL boards before I was shown Arduino. I was back there and looked on the site at "mini-boards" they have. It's not Arduino-compatible but I2C and SPI, etc, are what they are and these guys have an SD adapter for US$6.90, stepper motor on a board all wired proper for US$9.90, RTC board for US7.90, so I thought to mention them as Yet Another Parts Source (YAPS).
http://www.futurlec.com/MiniBoards.shtml

Examples can be found in your IDE.

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile

Got a bunch of female stacking header kits with long legs 6-pin and 8-pin from iteadstudio. Last time there were missing parts from one of the kits and this time I ordered with a comment saying one kit was missing parts. They sent in 2 extra kits smiley BTW, I ordered 30 kits.

I am using these for my phi-connect kits and might consider switching to these for my other shields, such as the phi-2 shields.

Also got an easy stepper controller from them. Don't know what to do with it yet.

Netherlands
(:-)
View Profile

13 packs of glass wool (for the Americans fiberglass) insulation, two boxes of nails and a couple of dusk masks. Winter is coming and I want to insulate my basement floor.
You know where I will be the next couple of days, fighting the itchy stuff  smiley-confuse

Global Moderator
Brattain Member
View Profile

First time.

And I'm not even a senior, technically.

They just took one look at me and gave me the discount. smiley-wink

Colorado
Edison Member
Reviving dead brain cells with Arduinos.
View Profile

Last two orders went out at the same time:
  15 nRF24L01+ from SparkFun, 15 stub antennas from DigiKey
  2,500 5050 RGB LEDs, 2,500 WS2801, 500 WS2803, all direct from Shenzhen, China.

Last 20 days I've ordered stuff from 8 different vendors, spending around $1,500 for everything.

Somewhere in Arizona
God Member
Arduino must be a drug, because I'm addicted!
View Profile

Just went christmas shopping... Bought my bro the Xbox 360 controller he wanted. D

(don't worry, he doesn't read arduino)

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

Used ham radio transceiver from local Ham for $100. Very nice condition and works great. It's 30+ year old unit, but built like a battleship (around 40 pounds) and very collectable/maintainable/repairable. The whole front panel is made of die cast metal. Receive functions are AOK so far as there is a ham radio contest going on today (SSB sweepstakes) and I'm hearing hundreds of stations from all over the country. Can't check out the transmit functions till I get my resistors in the mail to build a dummy load for practicing tuning (dipping/loading) the final amplifier pi-network output stage , for about 100 watts output.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=kenwood+ts-520s&hl=en&sa=X&rlz=1T4GGLL_enUS373US373&biw=1039&bih=696&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=bpl8sVFm3TmfdM:&imgrefurl=http://www.universal-radio.com/used/sold027.html&docid=sI0I6WIu8hopUM&imgurl=http://www.universal-radio.com/used/uc99lrg.jpg&w=720&h=378&ei=rZrITvDtIaWhiQKW243SDw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=680&vpy=300&dur=62&hovh=163&hovw=310&tx=158&ty=76&sig=108332181031703398911&page=1&tbnh=119&tbnw=227&start=0&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:11,s:0

Lefty
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 03:11:47 am by retrolefty » Logged

ottawa, canada
God Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

I have half a dozen wire stripper variants but I still end up putzing with an exacto half the time. I bought this on spec but it works really well, even on quite short pieces of loose wire and on tough ribbon cable.  It doesn't have slots or spots for different sizes of wire, I guess it counts on insulation being a particular thickness and not too compressible. so far no sign of damage to the wire.

I've been using this thing for a while and it continues to impress me.  Today I tried it on 30 gauge wire wrap wire which has thin tough insulation and it did an *excellent* job.  No more digging out my old soldering iron for this - woohoo!

Somewhere in Arizona
God Member
Arduino must be a drug, because I'm addicted!
View Profile

Bought 2 10' iPhone cables, and 2 2 amp iPad chargers off ebay... Already got the cables (3 days later) and they work great! Cost me $3 each, compared to the $30 each that high quality ones (Griffin Technology) cost.

Silkeborg, Denmark
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Thansen_DK

"The old Europe"
Edison Member
Bootloaders suck!
View Profile

50pcs BSS138. SOT23 N-channel logic level mosfets. Just 3€ including shipping ;-)

I will use these for small LED projects when a little more current is required and using a full blown LED driver would still be overkill.

• Upload doesn't work? Do a loop-back test.
• There's absolutely NO excuse for not having an ISP!
• Your AVR needs a brain surgery? Use the online FUSE calculator.
My projects: RGB LED matrix, RGB LED ring, various ATtiny gadgets...
• Microsoft is not the answer. It is the question, and the answer is NO!

field road, jupiter creek
Arduino rocks
View Profile

I saw Swan digital wireless security camera and receiver kits on sale @Dick Smith, so I bought one for my Rover 5!
The video link is a bit "choppy" but there is NO interference from WiFi, XBee or Bluetooth.
And the built in infrared illuminator works well.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27   Go Up
Jump to: