Using Arduino > Project Guidance

RE200B PIR Component

(1/4) > >>

low5545:
Can anyone help me to make a PIR sensor circuit according to the RE200B and a Fresnel Lens? Datasheet and pictures attached.

Datasheet: http://www.escol.com.my/Datasheets_specs/RE200B.pdf

Magician:
Connect D (pin 1) to +5V, S (pin 2) to 47 kOhm resistor to ground, and consequently G (pin 3 ) to ground GND.
Then connect S (pin 2) also to analog input pin of arduino. Take a reading using analogRead.

Techone:
@low5545

Just I post in the posting "op-amp", Connect + 5 to -->choose between 1 K to  4.7 K --> D, S ---> choose between 1 k to 4.7 K --> GND and G is GND.       Sorry Magician...       I looked at the datasheet, the sensor is a IR detector and a JFET for D & S, there for a commun source amplifier.

I forget, connect a 1 uF to 10 uf in // with resistor connect  to S to GND.  And you may amplify the signal using op-amp, you may "convert" the signal into TTL. The only way to make sure is to "see" what type of signal you have is to use a "scope" to check & see the signal.

My opinion.

Magician:
Don't agree, read data sheet again.
1. For max.  source capability 2 mA, resistors 1k + 1k are way too low, allow 2.5 mA with 5V power.
2. Bias voltage of JFET 3.6 - 4.4 V leaving almost nothing for drain resistor, again with 5V.
3. JFET is a transconductance amplifier, should be wired as common drain :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_source
4. Capacitor doesn't make any sense at all, as it pure DC amplifier, thermo IR is too slow to react on freq.
F = ~ 1 / C x R = 1 / 10^-5 x 10^3 = 100 Hz.
5. The answer is in small font on picture posted - "100 k resistor between pin 2 and 3" (source to ground) 

Techone:
@Magician

My mistake... I agree with you. Forget about the capacitor in this case. It look like the sensor work in "Level changing" , in that case... the signal will be connect to a comparator for a proper level signal ( 0 V or 5 V ) and connect to the Arduino.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version