Go Down

Topic: The Complete Beginners Guide to the Arduino (Read 24348 times) previous topic - next topic

MarkS

Hi Mike,

Wiring diagram on page 19 seems to be still showing a 1000  ohm resistor, though that could be my poor, sad eyes.

Page 30 the parts list calls for 220 ohm resistors, but text and wiring diagram indicate 150 ohm.

Am I correct to assume that wherever an LED connects directly there should be a 150 ohm resistor? Or are there some LED's that require a different size resistor?

By the way, the only reason I'm finding these potential problems is because you've created a document that's fun to read!

Thanks again,
Mark

Mike Mc

That was probably me trying to quickly make the amendments this morning. I'll have a proper look at it as soon as I can. Thanks.

pedlo

On page 65, i think the wiring of the TIP120 isn't correct: you may have to swap pin 1 and 2 (base is 1, collector is 2).

However, this book is a very nice job, congratulations!

bye,
pedlo

yalefe

Hi
i'm french
so like all french , my english is very bad ;D

but your job is very great...

Andrew

so like all french , my english is very bad

Like all French, your English is better than our French!  :)

Andrew

Mike Mc

Terrorhertz

Wow, this is going to be a great help. Thanks for making it available!

fdufnews

Very good work. Well documented and really pedagogic.

Perhaps you could add to the projects the schematic so beginners could understand how to "translate" from the schematic to the breadboard.

Mike Mc

Yes that is a good idea. I can add schematics as an Appendix. I'll do that when I get a chance.

baldilocks

Hi
I'm very much of a complete beginner, so this book appealed to me. Unzipping it, however, gives me a load of .pde files. What should I use to open them please?
Thanks
Baldi

TBAr

Aug 03, 2009, 03:44 am Last Edit: Aug 03, 2009, 03:45 am by TBAr Reason: 1
Download and install the free Arduino software development environment. Use that to open the .pde files.

Mike Mc

There are two links. One is the book in PDF format the other is the tutorial code examples, to save you having to type them in from the book (I advise you to type them as you learn about using the IDE etc. as you go).

As mentioned, .PDE is the file extension for the Arduino Sketches (programs).

GorillaCoder

Thanks much. Just downloaded the book and started reading it. Noticed this in the copyright:
However, you are not allowed to provide printed copies
of it or refer to it as part of a commercial product nor provide
links to it from any website for the means of commercial
gain.

1. I teach a class at the TechShop. TechShop is for profit and charges a fee for their classes. Is it okay with you if I tell my classes about your book? Provide a link? Include a copy in the course CD?

2. You may want to redo the copyright language. I could be wrong, but I believe that while copyright law gives you the right to forbid copies, that you have no legal recourse to enforce the restrictions against references or links. Understand, I completely understand why you have this language, and I'll honor your request, just want to let you know that copyright law probably doesn't give you the protections you seem to be seeking.

Mike Mc

The notice is purely to stop someone from making money from my hard work without my permission, i.e. print it off, put your own cover on it and claim it as yours, etc.

I am happy that you provide links to the book as it is publicly available anyway.

Go Up