Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: IDEFat Library for IDE Hard Drive and Mega  (Read 2754 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I have posted the first version of the IDEFat library at http://code.google.com/p/idefat-arduino/  This libary joins a version of the SDFat FAT32 file system code with low-level IDE hard drive access.  A total of 24 digital pins are required, requiring a Mega.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Or something '1284 based ...

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

A schematic for how that hard-drive is connected would be a lot more useful than that picture of spaghetti that you posted.

View Profile

A pin-out chart is provided in the README.txt file in the zip.  The photo was just to show the direct connection between the arduino and the ide cable discussed in the aforementioned README.txt.  Since no additional components are required (unless you want to add the led for drive activity) a schematic seemed unnecessary.

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

A pin-out chart is provided in the README.txt file in the zip.
OK. I'm going to check this out then.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

You must understand the HDD IDE protocol, and how HDDs work. What would be the most simple way to actively communicate with a HDD PCB, so that the spindle spins indefinitely? I don't need to access stored data, and it will be physically impossible (I removed the reading head).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: