Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Author Topic: SPARK FUN FREE DAY  (Read 6256 times)
oh H4x!
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I made sure I unplugged every electronic that connects to the internet, just to make sure I would have a flawless checkout. I even unplugged my microwave.   smiley-grin I think now it is just a matter of rubbing a rabbit foot.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 11:31:50 am by manray » Logged

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Ive got like 10 pages goin trying to log on but I can't get past the shopping cart....

I hope my network admin at work doesn't notice smiley

Edit.

And now its over smiley-sad  Kinda disappointed I couldn't get through. I've had the day marked in my calendar since the day they announced it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 12:48:40 pm by cverink » Logged

Jax Florida
Electronics Addict
View Profile

Nothing but a waste of almost 2 hours trying to get the page to load my already filled... but now erased shopping cart.

New Zealand
View Profile

Yeah that last $80k went pretty quick, now its down to the side bet, anyone got closer than 10:43:15?

Arduino rocks
View Profile

how frustrating was that?

My cart was ready, only had to checkout.
Clicking to get to the cart just give me a error page, a refresh would take ages then say i'm not logged in, so i go to log in & get error page, so refresh & eventualy get to the login page, it says im logged in, so click cart, error page....& over & over & over......

:'(

Oregon USA
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Total waste of my time.  I got all the way to the "this order qualifies" page and clicked the "submit order for free day" button and spent what seemed like decades hitting refresh.  This after they already took my credit card information!  I was so totally robbed!  They better not charge anything to my card but shipping for the items I ordered.  Bastardly way of doing things that's all I know.  The maddening part is they had only given away about $1200 at the point where I clicked the "submit as free" button but then it went like gangbusters and next time I got a page to load it said $100,000...  All in all it left a distinctly BAD taste in my mouth.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 02:09:52 pm by ggutshal » Logged

Jax Florida
Electronics Addict
View Profile

Nothing but a waste of almost 2 hours trying to get the page to load my already filled... but now erased shopping cart.

Atascadero, CA
Arduino addict
View Profile

Oh, quit complaining!  Did you _really_ think the system was going to run smoothly when 1 out of 10 geeks in the world was trying to get a free order placed?  You missed out on something free, but you sound like someone stole your lollipop.   smiley

At least you even remembered to try.  I spaced it out completely until about 15 minutes ago.  doh.  :'(

What about elevensies? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper?

SE USA
Faraday Member
@ssh0le
View Profile

no the server crapped its pants constantly, its still doing it now, even hours after I can barley log in and it completely screwed up my cart, there's stuff on there that I have zero interest in (ie i have no use at all for an xbee but there was 2 in my cart)

the whole thing was a complete clusterFK and for all the wrong reasons

B0100111001000011, USA
Edison Member
I'm confused.  Wait, maybe not..
View Profile

Agreed.  From the sounds of it, it's just as well that I had school and couldn't participate.  I'm glad I didn't skip classes to try it. smiley-wink

Safety first.
View Profile

My dad was working from home >.<

He got me maxbotic ez4 something distance sensor and nimh AA he needed . He said it was a good sensor.

I called him from school and told him to get me anything.

He said he went to shopping cart about 20 mins in. I feel so bad right now for robbing from people who literally waited before it started and the checkout button.
  smiley-sad

from what i hear their servers must've been bad, my dad tried it for 15 mins straight until he got it.

Yea, probably not worth skipping work or classes, unless you found a four leaf clover or genie.

For those who received nothing, .... sorry?

For those who got something, .... feel free to post whatever you got, just don't rub it in TOO much.

smiley-razz ~ Catcher

« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 05:54:34 pm by dmxspider » Logged

Oregon USA
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Oh, quit complaining!

I'll have you know, I'm a sardonic, bitter old man, it's my god given right to complain.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 06:11:26 pm by ggutshal » Logged

SE USA
Faraday Member
@ssh0le
View Profile

I feel so bad right now for robbing from people who literally waited before it started and the checkout button.

Dont feel bad, you did nothing wrong, it was sparkfun's incompetence and the ebay leeches that are the problem

and yea I wasted 6 hours on it, nearly 3 beforehand just to try n log in, I finally did at about 72 grand but never made it anyware

Rural Arizona
Edison Member
Incorrigible tinkerer
View Profile

He said he went to shopping cart about 20 mins in.

He was lucky:  it took me over an hour of constant retries to get the "wireless" page to display,  and another half hour to get 2 items on it into my basket.  By the time I got the third item in,  it was over.

Florida
1 Cor 10:31
View Profile

does anyone on this forum actually have a success story from the free day?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Jump to: