Go Down

Topic: TellyMate Shield - TV output for Arduino (Read 25 times) previous topic - next topic

TonyD

@condemned

Thanks for your article, I really enjoyed reading it. As westfw said, lots of good technical info  :)

Atmel seem to be having major problems with there samples system lately. I tried for 3 months to get samples for a work project of their 644 and a Xmegas ATXMEGA256A3 by using their web site but with no luck. Finally after complaining to their UK office I finally got samples of the 644, but still waiting for the Xmega  :(

The_Bongmaster

@estranged

yea but i dont see an actuall sketch (pde) i can use..

i'm no programmer so i am lost easily when it comes to complex programming in C.

if i can take the code from one of the H files or something and paste that in the arduino IDE and upload that then what one and what needs to be done in order for it to work fine on a 168.

sometimes i need simple instructions XD. making the hardware isnt a problem cos the schematic looks simple enough and the parts are labeled clearly.
B-dui in creation.

estranged

Jun 11, 2009, 12:40 am Last Edit: Jun 11, 2009, 12:41 am by estranged Reason: 1
If I'm not mistaken, the source code for the tellymate targets the chip directly, meaning the HEX file needs to be uploaded to the chip with an external burner and avr-dude.  I don't think there's a way to put the tellymate code directly onto an arduino using the IDE.  You'd need to be comfortable working directly with the AVR chips and avr-gcc / avr-dude before attempting this I think.

Mike Mc

To get stuff to appear on your TV screen using the TellyMate is easy. You just send the appropriate serial command to the device and voila!! Read the instruction manual.

estranged

To get stuff to appear on your TV screen using the TellyMate is easy. You just send the appropriate serial command to the device and voila!! Read the instruction manual.

Right, but The_Bongmaster doesn't have the TellyMate yet, he was looking to see if he could build his own on a breadboard and test it out if I read it correctly.

Go Up