Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino Mega 2560 with Sparkfun microSD transflash breakout  (Read 1052 times)
UK
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

So I've got my Mega hooked up to the SD breakout according to the SPI layout of:
  • DO to pin 50
  • DI to pin 51
  • SCK to pin 52
  • CS to pin 53
  • GND to GND
  • VCC to 3.3V
Which lines up exactly with the datasheet of the Mega 2560's SPI pins. I've been trying to run the ReadWrite example in the SD library through it, but each time I never get past initialisation. The serial readout just stops at "Initializing SD card...initialization failed!"

I've seen some other examples using the breakout that use a 10k resistor between DI to VDD and DO to VDD, are those necessary here or is there something obvious I'm missing?

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Do you have something to convert the input signals to the SD card to 3.3V levels?

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

UK
View Profile

I presume that's the function of the resistors when tied to ground? If so, nothing outside of the stated wiring is currently present.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

The SD cards from 3.3V.
Doesn't sound like you are doing that.
Best method is to wire it with a level translater chip.

* SD_Card_Drive.jpg (40.76 KB, 960x720 - viewed 14 times.)

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: