Go Down

Topic: * MP3 Shield * - Rogue Robotics rMP3 (Read 44 times) previous topic - next topic

ransol

Arduino Duemilanove (Windows XP and 7) Arduino-0021, 18

bhagman

@ransol: I'm guessing that you downloaded the SerialBase version somehow, which should work with 0018 - but if you get 0021 installed, then get the "Arduino with Stream Core", you'll be set.

When you have it all installed, select "(Stream) Arduino Duemilanove or Nano w/ ATmega328" from Tools->Board.

b

petyrstretz

Are there enough pins left over to run a display, or maybe an RTC so this could be used as an alarm clock?

bhagman

@petyrstretz: Our LEDHead has an RTC on board.  I've built a clock/mp3 player using the LEDHead and an rMP3.

I have a video of the spectrum analyzer display - in there you can see the POV (Persistence Of Vision) clock I've been working on.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH8HDMvpXpU&feature=player_embedded#![/media]

@ around 1:40, you can see that I display the current time position of the song.  Right now, as the clock sits on my desk, it's playing music, showing the spectrum analyzer and the current time:

b

mowcius

Are there enough pins left over to run a display, or maybe an RTC so this could be used as an alarm clock?

It only uses two pins (serial) for main control so there are plenty of left over pins for anything you want to add.  :)

Go Up