Go Down

Topic: * MP3 Shield * - Rogue Robotics rMP3 (Read 44 times) previous topic - next topic

mowcius

Would using the getspectrumanalyser() method be more useful for my project?

Yes - this is specific to the rMP3 and takes values directly from the audio (with the VLSI chip).
It will return values to you for the frequencies you have specified and then with a trigger value, if the value (volume on that frequency) goes above the trigger value then it will cause something to happen (light up an LED for example).

I was going to use the FrequencyEnergy library that comes with the arduino programme

I have not seen this library for arduino - do you mean the one that comes with Processing?
This is completely different and cannot simply be exported for use with arduino.

Mowcius

jennyc

I think I am starting to see more how this is going to work now.

On the arduino module, I set it to "tell" the rmp3 to getspectrumanalyser(), which will then return a frequency value to my arduino module, and if it is above a certain frequency will trigger and output to a motor.

Can this be used to trigger an action for groups of different ranges of frequencies, a low frequencies group, medium and high? Rather than just if the frequency goes above a set value?

mowcius

Jan 17, 2011, 09:04 pm Last Edit: Jan 17, 2011, 09:05 pm by mowcius Reason: 1
On the arduino module, I set it to "tell" the rmp3 to getspectrumanalyser(), which will then return a frequency value to my arduino module, and if it is above a certain frequency will trigger and output to a motor.

Yes - that's the general idea but it does not return a frequency - it returns a value for the different frequencies you have specified. You can specify up to 23 different frequencies and retreive the values of them

Can this be used to trigger an action for groups of different ranges of frequencies, a low frequencies group, medium and high? Rather than just if the frequency goes above a set value?

Not quite sure what you mean. Perhaps my comment above addresses this.
You can do whatever you like with the values - You could choose just to analyse low frequencies, high frequencies etc if you wanted.

Mowcius

jennyc

Have just been playing with it a bit, and have got a better grasp of how these things talk to eachother. Will go away and read about the getspectrumanalyser() and see where to go from there.

What I was meaning is that if it is a low frequency, the rmp3 will return a value to the arduino that will activate one output, and if it is a mid range frequency, the rmp3 will return another value to the arduino to trigger a different output.

With the aim of having a different output for a different frequency range.

Thanks

mowcius

Ahh well if you specify a range of low med and high frequencies you can then monitor the values returned and do something if they go over a threshold.

Go Up