Go Down

Topic: * MP3 Shield * - Rogue Robotics rMP3 (Read 44 times) previous topic - next topic

jennyc

Hooray,

I finally have got it compiled using version 11 of the new software serial. I exported it to my arduino, but cant hear anything. Not sure why, I have the name of the song correct, and its location on the SD card. I think It may be a connection issue between the uno board and the rmp3

bhagman

heh... I just posted some info above.  Glad you got it working!

Can you post the code you're using, or is it one of the examples?

b

jennyc

I am just using this:
Code: [Select]
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

#include <RogueMP3.h>

SoftwareSerial rmp3_serial(6, 7);
RogueMP3 rmp3(rmp3_serial);

void setup()
{
 Serial.begin(9600);
 rmp3_serial.begin(9600);

rmp3.sync();

rmp3.playfile("/gold.mp3");
}

void loop()
{
}

Which seems to be on the rmp3 now, just nothing coming out of the headphones. I still have it plugged into my laptop for power just now.

The serial leds on the uno don't seem to be flashing either. I assume that with that code, the mp3 should just play on loop?

I have the mp3 called gold.mp3 on the root and in a subfoler called /mp3/gold.mp3 on the card. I renamed the file to gold.mp3, so i guess it is called gold.mp3.mp3, and tried it without the extra extension, and still no joy?

bhagman

Try this code, and start the Serial Monitor after you upload:

Code: [Select]
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

#include <RogueMP3.h>

SoftwareSerial rmp3_serial(6, 7);
RogueMP3 rmp3(rmp3_serial);

void setup()
{
 Serial.begin(9600);
 rmp3_serial.begin(9600);

Serial.println("Starting rMP3");

rmp3.sync();

Serial.println("rMP3 Ready");

rmp3.playfile("/gold.mp3");

Serial.println("File playing");
}

void loop()
{
}

Let me know what you see in the Serial Monitor.

b

jennyc

It just hangs at starting mp3. I am correct in having all the pins from the uno jumped to the rmp3? Doing this wont interfere with the two boards talking?

Thank you

Go Up