Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Standalone Atmega2560 ?  (Read 4255 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I have been looking for a Standalone board for the Atmega2560 which I have come up with nothing so far.

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with locating such a board?

M

'round the world...
Faraday Member
View Profile

Define Standalone board.

Eu não sou o teu criado. Se respondo no fórum é para ajudar todos mediante a minha disponibilidade e disposição. Responder por mensagem pessoal iria contra o propósito do fórum e por isso evito-o.
Se realmente pretendes que eu te ajude por mensagem pessoal, então podemos chegar a um acordo e contrato onde me pagas pela ajuda que eu fornecer e poderás então definir os termos de confidencialidade do meu serviço. De forma contrária toda e qualquer ajuda que eu der tem de ser visível a todos os participantes do fórum (será boa ideia, veres o significado da palavra fórum).
Nota também que eu não me responsabilizo por parvoíces escritas neste espaço pelo que se vais seguir algo dito por mim, entende que o farás por tua conta e risco.

Dito isto, mensagens pessoais só se forem pessoais, ou seja, se já interagimos de alguma forma no passado ou se me pretendes convidar para uma churrascada com cerveja (paga por ti, obviamente).

View Profile

Just the basics to program and run board with all pins accessible.

Im working on a larger project that I would like to be able to plug this module into to run it.

I would design the PCB myself but unfortunately I do not have the PCB software Skills yet to accomplish this.

Greenville, IL
Edison Member
Warning Novice on board! 0 to 1 chance of errors!
View Profile

Someone here might be able to help you with what you are needing. However, if you get a chance you need to download Eagle Layout editor to make PCBs. Then, you download Sparkfun's Eagle library and go to Youtube and watch a few tutorials. You will be surprised how quickly you can learn the program.

Mark

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

You could also look for a 100 pin TQFP breakout board, and just add the few additional components needed for a minimal board.

http://www.schmartboard.com/index.asp?page=products_qfp&id=70

Confirm the pin spacing before ordering, they have multiple pitches available.
Section 35 of the 1280/2560 data sheet.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Ciao,

You have many places where You can find an ATmega2560 breakout/header board

http://www.siphec.com/ -> DEvelopment - AVR RISC

http://jkdevices.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=49

http://jkdevices.com/arduino-megamini

http://www.kurocircuits.com/products.php?sub=header_boards,atmel_header&pid=atmega2560-hd1&lang=en

There are many others.

Ciao,
Marco.

View Profile

Thanks for the replies.

I have downloaded Eagle and Library to start playing. In the long run I will need to design the board for my main board anyways so this will help.

CR- This might be the way to go for my prototype for now.

Marco- Looked at these sites before and the cost of these options was not in the Project Budget, eventually I will need to build multiple units and feel the cost of a custom board would be worth the investment in the long run.

Is there a pricelist for Siphec that anyone knows about? I had sent an email awhile ago inquiring but have not received a response.

M

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

"You will be surprised how quickly you can learn the program."
Big difference between learning the program and developing a successfull electrical design and implementing that on a PCB.

I haven't looked - is the 2560 in eagle?

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

Or the mega1280, same pinout?

Lefty

Greenville, IL
Edison Member
View Profile

Big difference between learning the program and developing a successfull electrical design and implementing that on a PCB.

I was thinking shields look easily enough but, for sure I am not ready to go much farther. I have yet to producing anything yet, I think I can, I think I can, chuga chuga, whoo, whoo .

The sparkfun library has the 2560. Here is the description given under it's picture.

MICROCONTROLLER

Package: TQFP100
100-lead Thin Quad Flat Pack Package Outline

View Profile

Definitely there, with a 100 pins looks very intimidating.

Now to find some tutorial videos for Eagle On-line.

M

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
View Profile

Sparkfun has tutorials.
I never checked them out, just jumped in & started hacking my way around. Helps being an EE smiley-cool

Greenville, IL
Edison Member
View Profile

Definitely there, with a 100 pins looks very intimidating.

Now to find some tutorial videos for Eagle On-line.

M

This link takes you to step three of a 13 or so step Tutorial. I thought is was helpful. Just add www.   before the rest of it.
youtube.com/watch?v=G0bMfV3IbMo&NR=1

'round the world...
Faraday Member
View Profile

The problem with these is those double header connectors to break out. You'll need the breakout board, a bunch of IDC connectors, flat cable and those flat cable to pin sockets that are always hard to find.
A board where say port A to C or D were evenly spaced on the edges allowing to connect the board to two breadboards and the rest of the pins available to break out with a flat cable would be a better idea. For development purposes at least. Once you design your board, you can make it so that the entire module fits right in.

Eu não sou o teu criado. Se respondo no fórum é para ajudar todos mediante a minha disponibilidade e disposição. Responder por mensagem pessoal iria contra o propósito do fórum e por isso evito-o.
Se realmente pretendes que eu te ajude por mensagem pessoal, então podemos chegar a um acordo e contrato onde me pagas pela ajuda que eu fornecer e poderás então definir os termos de confidencialidade do meu serviço. De forma contrária toda e qualquer ajuda que eu der tem de ser visível a todos os participantes do fórum (será boa ideia, veres o significado da palavra fórum).
Nota também que eu não me responsabilizo por parvoíces escritas neste espaço pelo que se vais seguir algo dito por mim, entende que o farás por tua conta e risco.

Dito isto, mensagens pessoais só se forem pessoais, ou seja, se já interagimos de alguma forma no passado ou se me pretendes convidar para uma churrascada com cerveja (paga por ti, obviamente).

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
View Profile

I am thinking this part looks pretty nice:
http://www.schmartboard.com/index.asp?page=products_qfp&id=70
part drops into place, you get double row of pads at what looks like .1" x .1" spacing for connectors.
Use the inner most row for crystal, caps, reset resistor.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: