Go Down

Topic: Velocity Profile in a DC motor (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

teddybearfer00

Hi!! I need to program a 3rd degree velocity profile so i can move a DC motor, which should reach its maximum velocity in 2 seconds. The thing is that I have no idea on how to do that... My first guess is to program the profile directly into the arduino and then conect my outputs to a DAC and then to the motor... but how do i program a profile??  :smiley-sad-blue:

MarkT

If you can program the profile as a function from milliseconds to output duty-cycle, you'll be halfway there...
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

Grumpy_Mike

I need to program a 3rd degree velocity profile so i can move a DC motor,

That sounds very specific, is it an assignment question?

A lot depends on the step response of the motor. Then you need to integrate that into the control you can generate.
In effect you produce a profile which applies power to the motor in a step wise manner. This is either in terms of supplying it with a varying voltage or a varying PWM signal and changing that signal over the time of the profile. The more parts you split up this profile into the closer will be your control.
It is a long time since I did servo control and it wasn't called a 3rd degree velocity profile in my day but I suspect that this is the critical damped state.

Bill_Kerr

3rd degree velocity profile

Hi teddybear

This site may help about smoothstep
http://sol.gfxile.net/interpolation/index.html#c5

It mentions 3rd power, which maybe what you are looking for?

Regards  Bill

Don't you just hate ONE D 10 T problems?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy