Go Down

Topic: motorized sliders as linear actuator (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

secondsky

Hi all, some of you have never used a linear actuator with Arduino like this?
http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10734
Could you give me some sketches an example on how to control it?
thanks

Chagrin

I understand that using those sliders as linear actuators would wear them out quickly. IIRC they are only rated for 30,000 cycles.

CrossRoads

From the data sheet:

"Test conditions
The moving contact , without electrical load , shall be slided form one end stop to the other end returned to its original position extend over 90% or more effective distance .
Slide speed : 600 cycle / hour .
Total cycles : 30,000 cycles ."

So if moved end to end 10 times a minute for 50 hours staight you might notice it not working as well. 8)

"Specifications
1. Change in total resistance is relative to the value before test ±15% .
2. Noise : 150mV MAX
3. Clause (3 i.e. Electrical characteristics) (4 i.e Mechanical characteristics) shall be satisfied ."

Good info regarding what is generally called Stall current:
"Maximum current: 400?800mA
Lock the shaft of the motor and the rated voltage shall be applied to the motor."

Basic control:
You'll need a 10V, 1A power source, controlled via transistor or relay, to move the motor.
You put 5V on the potentiometer terminal 1, pin 3 to ground, pin 2 to your analog input.
The voltage on 2 will correspond to the actuators location.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Go Up