Go Down

Topic: Remote computer power switch (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

castlebravo20

I admit it would be easier to use a "clapper" or the power up on power restore.  But I was going to use this project  to get started in microcontrollers.  So I was wondering how exactly I would go about using the XBee on its own, or any recommendations on a quality RX TX pair.

Also, bump

CrossRoads

XBee is overkill.
I would get a pair of promini, a set of
RF Link Transmitter & Receiver- 434MHz
and run virtualwire to send the command from one to the other.

Transmit side, run 3.3V/8 MHz, powerdown sleep mode all the time, 3.7V LiPo battery, button push creates interrupt to wake up & send the command.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

daveg360

If you were to suggest where you are located in the world - we can suggest somewhere to order a cheap transmitter and receiver....
If your system involves lethal voltages/life critical/flamable elements - you probably shouldn't need to ask.
The Arduino != PC.

castlebravo20

CrossRoads

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Go Up