Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino Eclipse Plugin <Update>  (Read 66552 times)
Belgium
Edison Member
Arduino rocks; but with my plugin it can fly rocking the world ;-)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Scott, spindoctor
I'm glad to hear it's working. That is another platform tested  smiley-grin
Just like Scott does I avoid adding stuff to existing Arduino folders and only reference files and folders.
From the top of my head: the eclispe plugin only references files ( AVRDude, GCC, revisiosn.txt and board.txt) and folders (the Arduino library folder and the variants subfolders).
One of the reasons why I have special Linux and Windows code is because these locations are different on these 2.

Best regards
Jantje

Do not PM me a question unless you are prepared to pay for consultancy.
Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Ok, I think I found the problems:

1) The Debian package installed old historical files (from arduino 0017) that existed before I got there. I cleaned them out.

2) Debian package is 1.0, and WProgram.h has been renamed to Arduino.h. So line 9 of the *.h needs to be updated in the Eclipse plug-in. Those are the new errors now that Makefile clobbering is fixed.

3) pins_arduino.h doesn't exist in the same place in 1.0 as it did in 0022, which you already brought up at http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php?topic=82200.0

In conclusion: I've fixed the Debian Arduino package so there are no more Makefile clobbering. However, version Arduino 1.0 seems to be incompatible with the Eclipse plug-in. Debian uses 1.0, so the Eclipse plugin won't work with the debian package for that reason.

View Profile

Without being an expert for the Eclipse-plugin (neither I am for the Arduino IDE), I think the Eclipse plugin works well with Arduino IDE 1.0.

At least I downloaded the IDE from here: http://arduino.googlecode.com/files/arduino-1.0-linux64.tgz and stored it to a different folder. The Eclipse plugin seems to work well with this.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 06:54:33 pm by Spindoctor » Logged

Belgium
Edison Member
View Profile

Indeed the newest version is 1.0, 0022 and 0023  compatible.
Best regards
Jantje

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Ok, got it totally working ubuntu and debian. I'm uploading to debian (and thus ubuntu now).

I just had to uninstall then reinstall the eclipse plug-in after I did the fix to the debian package. I'm compiling them together now. Thanks for your work on the plug-in!

[edit]: To tell users that want to use debian packages, all they have to do is install the arduino-core package and then point the eclipse plugin to the arduino directory /usr/share/arduino
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 09:30:30 pm by Scott H » Logged

View Profile

awesome!

View Profile

The plugin works good so far.

Just one question:

Is there some kind of "Serial port monitor" built in?

Thank you,

Spin

Belgium
Edison Member
View Profile

Spindoctor
There is none. You can read this on http://eclipse.baeyens.it.
Best regards
Jantje

View Profile

Ok, got it totally working ubuntu and debian. I'm uploading to debian (and thus ubuntu now).
Thanks a lot, can you please tell us the version of the package?
I'm using Package: arduino-core Version: 1:1.0+dfsg-2 (Debian Sid Amd-64) and I still have some problems:
- I had to make a simbolink link for WProgram.h -> Arduino.h
- Commented Arduino.h:212 : //#include "pins_arduino.h"

But compilation still fails with a
Code:
/usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/wiring.c:224:11: error: operator '>=' has no left operand
make: *** [build-cli/wiring.o] Error 1

BTW: I'm using an Arduino Uno R.2 board and this is my Makefile
Code:
ARDUINO_DIR = /usr/share/arduino

BOARD_TAG    = Arduino Uno
MCU          = atmega328p
ARDUINO_PORT = /dev/ttyACM0

AVRDUDE_ARD_PROGRAMMER = arduino
AVRDUDE_ARD_BAUDRATE   = 57600
#AVRDUDE_ARD_EXTRAOPTS  = -F

include /usr/share/arduino/Arduino.mk
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 01:44:32 pm by eaman » Logged

View Profile

@Jantje:
Oh! Sorry, I've overread that!

@eaman
I use exactly the same package on Debian Wheezy (in fact it is a mixed system, otherwise I couldn't use Debian Sid packages). For me it worked out of the box.

If you tried it before with an older package, you maybe need to delete the "Arduino Uno" project in Eclipse (be sure to delete it from the disc, not only discard it in Eclipse) and than recreate it (by creating a new Arduino project).

View Profile

@eaman
I use exactly the same package on Debian Wheezy (in fact it is a mixed system, otherwise I couldn't use Debian Sid packages). For me it worked out of the box.
Actually I'm just trying to compile by command line, I've got Eclipse on an other workstation of mine and I could give it a try there.

Still, I'd like to use plain vim for Arduino development, but I won't hijack this thread about Eclipse.

Belgium
Edison Member
View Profile

eaman
Sorry but I had missed your post on the wiring.c.
I've checked the code and it seems that F_CPU has not been defined. This define is given with the compile command you can see that in the eclipse console.
Code:
avr-g++ -I"C:\arduino-1.0\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino" -I"C:\Users\IBM_ADMIN\Documents\data\Arduino1\MaaiRobot" -I"C:\arduino-1.0\hardware\arduino\variants\standard" -I"C:\Users\IBM_ADMIN\Documents\Arduino\libraries\JanHelpers" -I"C:\Users\IBM_ADMIN\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MegaMotoDriver" -DARDUINO=100 -Wall -Os -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-exceptions -g -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000UL -MMD -MP -MF"MegaMotoDriver/MegaMotoDriver.d" -MT"MegaMotoDriver/MegaMotoDriver.d" -c -o "MegaMotoDriver/MegaMotoDriver.o" -x c++ "C:/Users/IBM_ADMIN/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MegaMotoDriver/MegaMotoDriver.cpp"
The example above shows the atmega328p which has a clock speed of 16000000 (-DF_CPU=16000000UL).
If this is not properly set it is probably because the board is not properly set in the project properties->arduino->arduino.
If it looks ok change it to another board; delete the existing Arduino library project (inclusive the content on disk) and then change back to your correct board.
You can delete the Arduino project again.
I hope this helps
Best regards
Jantje

View Profile

I finally got this configured on Mac OSX (Snow Leopard).  I was able to create a new sketch and compile it, however there were numerous "Unsupported operating systems" pop-ups during each activity (more than 5).  The build seemed to work fine - don't have any hardware here so I couldn't test to make sure.

Using the latest version (1.1.3?) from your update site.  Any ideas?

Belgium
Edison Member
View Profile

Drapal
I do not have a osx os at my disposal. As long as nobody tells me that it works like it should I consider it unsupported. There are 2 things I can do now
1) Change the error to a warning. This will make the dialog boxes go away and only a logging in the error window will appear
2) Support OSX. This will make the errors and warning go away. Before I do this I need to know whether it works out of the box. More precisely I need to know whether you needed to modify the box shown below.
If so please show me your version of the dialog, this way I can have the plugin to set the correct settings
If not tell me then I'll remove the error and the warning.
Best regards
Jantje

View Profile

Here are the settings from the Preferences pages on the Mac.  You can't use the browse button to set these, since the Arduino application on the Mac is a package.  You can enter the paths by hand and they work fine - the build process generates exactly the same size code for the Blink application in Eclipse and the Arduino IDE.

Preferences->Arduino->Arduino:

Arduino IDE Path: /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java

Preferences->Arduino->Paths:

AVR-GCC: /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin
GNU Make: /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin
AVR Header Files: /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/avr/include
AVRDude: /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin

Also, I may not understand how to use the Library Import feature of this plugin- I can't make it work on the Mac nor on Windows.  The Finish button doesn't seem to do anything (even though it's enabled).  I tried what is in your FAQ/Instructions on how to use the plugin and it won't import on either platform (again, version 1.1.3).

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Up
Jump to: