Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino Eclipse Plugin <Update>  (Read 57265 times)
Belgium
Edison Member
Arduino rocks; but with my plugin it can fly rocking the world ;-)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

AgeBee
Do you have this problem in the console?
Please see http://eclipse.baeyens.it/Arduino%20eclipse%20plugin%20FAQ.htm#bugs on how to get rid of the indexer problem.
Best regards
Jantje

Do not PM me a question unless you are prepared to pay for consultancy.
Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -

View Profile

Hi Jantje
thanks a lot for your quick response.
No, I did not get the error within the console. However, your post pointed my to the solution of the problem.
I figured out that I had to add an additional include which seems to be only necessary under Ubuntu.
I set the path these additional include to: /usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino
(see screenshot).

And that worked for me.

By the way:
I got an error then which read:

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

I had to change the USB port to /dev/ttyACM0 (see screenshot) and that solved the problem.

Best regards
AgeBee

* Eclipse_AdditionalPath.png (118.53 KB, 800x518 - viewed 18 times.)

* Eclipse_Error.png (72.59 KB, 746x559 - viewed 10 times.)

Belgium
Edison Member
View Profile

AgeBee

I figured out that I had to add an additional include which seems to be only necessary under Ubuntu.
I set the path these additional include to: /usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino
This is not necessary. Not even on Ubuntu.
This include is exactly the same as "/${ARDUINOBOARDNAME}/arduino" which you can see on the image you provided.

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

I had to change the USB port to /dev/ttyACM0 (see screenshot) and that solved the problem.
Yes you have to provide a proper USB name for it to work.

Best regards
Jantje

View Profile

Hi!

I'm trying to use this plugin however i can't even compile the template sketch the IDE generates me on new project. I get this:

Code:
**** Build of configuration Release for project test ****

make all

Error: Cannot run program "make" (in directory "C:\Users\inagy\workspace\test\Release"): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

**** Build Finished ****

I've seen this error at the beginning of this topic where someone could solve this by reinstalling Eclipse and the plugin. I've tried this but it's not working by me smiley-sad I've checked the path's under Preferences -> Arduino -> Paths and they seems fine. I have Arduino-1.0 installed.
I'm using Windows x64. What should i do?

View Profile

Okay i made it working. I had the Eclipse Java edition installed. I've assumed that Eclipse will download all required dependencies for the plugin and i can use my Eclipse as a mixed Java/C++ development environment. Looks like it's not the case. I've installed the Eclipse C++ edition plus the plugin and it's working now.

I'm wondering why i can't use this plugin with the Java edition. It actually downloaded the CDT components because i can switch to C/C++ view and the Preferences page / project types also expanded with the new options. But the compilation fails.

Anyway, i'm curious if this plugin could be used to program an ATtiny45 this way: http://hlt.media.mit.edu/?p=1229 smiley
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 05:15:06 pm by inagy » Logged

Belgium
Edison Member
View Profile

Inagy
it may or it may not. I don't know. What I do know is that it is more likely to work when you follow the instructions  smiley-wink

Best regards
Jantje

View Profile

I have tried to make a simple Arduino project in Eclipse.

Now, after a succesful build of a small Arduino project, the "Upload Project to Target Device" button fails with a popup: "No AVR Project selected". This occurs even when I have selected the project.

Does anyone has seen this problem and can show me how to solve this? Thanks.

I used Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers 1.4.2.20120213-0813 and Arduino Eclipse extensions 1.2.0.

In the properties of my project, NO entry AVR is shown. It seems to me that here should be an AVR entry in the list "Resource, Builders, C/C++ Build, ....".
Paul

Belgium
Edison Member
View Profile

Paul
There is no AVR in the project properties in an arduino project. There is however a arduino option in the project properties.
If you do not have a Arduino option in your project properties something has gone wrong.
Best is to read through the documentation available at www.baeyens.it\eclipse and find out what has gone wrong.
In worst case restart from scratch following the documentation.
Best regards
Jantje

View Profile

Jantje,
thanks for your answer.
There is an Arduino option in the project properties for a project that I create with File - New - Other - New Arduino sketch. Uploading works here.
There is no such option in the project properties for a project that I create with File - New - C project - AVR Cross Target Application.
I really want to program from scratch, without the Arduino framework.
Any ideas to get the upload functionality working with a AVR Cross Target Application?
Paul

Belgium
Edison Member
View Profile

Paul
As you can read at multiple places in this thread he arduino plugin is build on top of AVR win.
You are looking for the AVR win functionality. Please read earlier messages on how to go around this.

Jantje

View Profile

Just to say "thanks" for this plug-in Jantje.  I use eclipse "for real work" and it's nice to be able to use the same tools for "fun".   
The ability to incorporate assembler (.S) files into a sketch is a big plus point for me.  I must admit I was impressed when the ethernet examples worked "out of the box".

A serial monitor would be nice, but since I'm using a mega2560 I can use Serial1..3 for debugging ;-)

PeterO

Belgium
Edison Member
View Profile

Peter
Txs for the nice words.
What exactly do you mean with "I'm using a mega2560 I can use Serial1..3 for debugging ;-)"?
Best regards
Jantje

View Profile

What exactly do you mean with "I'm using a mega2560 I can use Serial1..3 for debugging ;-)"?
It has got 4 hardware serial ports, so I don't have to use the first one that is connected to the USB interface for debugging.  I write to Serial1 which has a TTL to RS232 converter connected to /dev/ttyS0 (which has a terminal program running on it).
PeterO

Belgium
Edison Member
View Profile

It has got 4 hardware serial ports, so I don't have to use the first one that is connected to the USB interface for debugging.  I write to Serial1 which has a TTL to RS232 converter connected to /dev/ttyS0 (which has a terminal program running on it).
I hadn't thought about that one. But indeed that takes the "double usage" of the serial port away which makes life a bit easier.
Best regards
Jantje

View Profile

Hello everyone. I am trying to use the Eclipse plugin but I am running into the following problem. I've browsed the forum for a solution and couldn't find an answer, but I apologize if this has already been answered elsewhere. I would very much appreciate some assistance!  smiley

When I try upload my project to the Arduino I get this error message:

Then I went to Project > Properties > Arduion > Target Hardware > Load from MCU and got this error:

So I went to Preferences > Arduino > Paths and input the path to avrdude. However, when I saved the preferences and re-opened them, the path was still unset. It would not save. It looks like this:

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 02:40:34 pm by brownerthanu » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
Jump to: