Go Down

Topic: MacBook Air (Read 877 times) previous topic - next topic

Before ordering a MacBook Air, does some of you could confirm the arduino IDE running on MacBook Air interfaces correctly with arduino mega 1280 board and arduino mega 2560 board via USB ?
Thank you in advance, Albert

James C4S

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

OK I've just ordered a refurbished MacBook Air running with Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.
Downloaded arduino IDE version 22, compiled my PDE project then downloaded to my arduino mega board via USB port.
Everything works fine except one big problem: when I close the MacBook Air screen panel then re-open it a bit after, I never get any display, black screen,... so need to reboot the MacBook Air.

Do you know how to fix this or is it related to a bug on USB power management ?

James C4S

"re-open it a bit after,"

I looked at my clock and "a bit" doesn't appear.  How long is that?
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

I compile my PDE project, download to arduino mega board,... everything works fine.

Then I close the screen panel (not sure this correct label.... sorry I'm french) but leave the USB wire connected between MacBook Air and arduino mega board.

I come back say 1 minute after, re-open screen panel and everything is blank, no screen, no nothing so I need to reboot

James C4S

Does the problem still occur if unplugging the Mega before going to sleep?

Personally, I unplug all USB (and display) devices before going to sleep.  Their tendency to wake the machine back up on disconnect is annoying.

the problem occurs if I leave the Mega connected to MacBook AIr before going to sleep.
in other words, when I later wake the MacBook Air, the Mega is still connected vis USB but the screen will stay black, nothing,...
I guess best to disconnect Mega prior to put to sleep the Mac as you suggest

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy