Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino as SPI slave?  (Read 7658 times)
nr Bundaberg, Australia
Tesla Member
Scattered showers my arse -- Noah, 2348BC.
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Possible, but will require additional logics.
As indeed does option 1, it's just that the logic is called an "Arduino" smiley

I'm inclined to say use two Arduinos, the comms between them is simple (depending on the speed required) where as muxing the SD and Ethernet will I think be harder.

So one Arduino does nothing but sniff the SPI and forward the data to the other.

The other handles that as well as the sensors and ethernet.   

As long as the average data rate of the SPI data is < the rate the 2nd Arduino can offload the data to the ethernet that will work.

So I think it boils down to the average data rate on the SPI. We've determined that the bit rate is 4MHz, how long are the bursts and how frequent?

______
Rob

Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Could try this approach for dual control of the SD card
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php?topic=71523

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

View Profile

I've found a setup that is working: A standalone AVR, a crystal and two capacitors in slave mode for eavesdropping the SPI line and then I2C communcation to an Arduino Ethernet board that transfers the data to a webservice. Have it wired and working on my desk. Will solder it onto a protoshield. Will clean up the code and examine the SD library to find out the pattern to look for in the block write to find the last line of text since it looks like that the bytes I'm after are not always at exactly the same position. Thanks for all help and ideas! An additional AVR was even cheaper than the buffer logics required in two masters sharing the same SD card aproach.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Jump to: