Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: OSC + Arduino + Lantronix Matchport  (Read 992 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

This is probably really stupid for me to think, and I'll prob be really embarrassed later on as I learn more ... But getting OSC out of Arduino wouldn't be as simple as doing a Serial.write(str) function to a Lantronix MatchPort set to the IP and Port of an OSC host and the Serial.write string argument being the OSC address and associated value [i.e. string = "/this/osc/address value"] - would it?

Like I said, my thinking is prob. pretty stupid and likely doesn't work that way - especially given how much Wifi OSC talk there is without any real solution. "It doesn't work that way seems to be about 90% of what I'm thinking when I attempt this kind of stuff. If this isn't the case - which I am sure it just couldn't be - how might something like Lantronix bridges be implemented with OSC output?

ETA: Furthermore I just read this:

"Ethernet-to-Wireless Bridging
With a separate Ethernet port, MatchPort b/g offers the unique ability to transparently bridge existing Ethernet-ready devices to a wireless network"
(http://www.lantronix.com/pdf/MatchPort_PB.pdf)

If Serial.write() wouldn't work, could just bridge an Ethernet shield and use ArdOSC?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 02:39:44 pm by foreward » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: