Go Down

Topic: OSC + Arduino + Lantronix Matchport (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

foreward

Aug 27, 2011, 09:03 pm Last Edit: Aug 27, 2011, 09:39 pm by foreward Reason: 1
This is probably really stupid for me to think, and I'll prob be really embarrassed later on as I learn more ... But getting OSC out of Arduino wouldn't be as simple as doing a Serial.write(str) function to a Lantronix MatchPort set to the IP and Port of an OSC host and the Serial.write string argument being the OSC address and associated value [i.e. string = "/this/osc/address value"] - would it?

Like I said, my thinking is prob. pretty stupid and likely doesn't work that way - especially given how much Wifi OSC talk there is without any real solution. "It doesn't work that way seems to be about 90% of what I'm thinking when I attempt this kind of stuff. If this isn't the case - which I am sure it just couldn't be - how might something like Lantronix bridges be implemented with OSC output?

ETA: Furthermore I just read this:

"Ethernet-to-Wireless Bridging
With a separate Ethernet port, MatchPort b/g offers the unique ability to transparently bridge existing Ethernet-ready devices to a wireless network"
(http://www.lantronix.com/pdf/MatchPort_PB.pdf)

If Serial.write() wouldn't work, could just bridge an Ethernet shield and use ArdOSC?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy