Go Down

Topic: Component Selection Help - Charge/Discharge Protection FET (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

At a bit of a loss regarding component selection attempting to build sample circuit using DS2762 datasheet.  Two components are (to me at least) vaguely specified in the sample circuit; they are described as:

"external P-channel high-side discharge protection FET" and "external P-channel high-side
charge protection FET".

The circuit in question is a battery monitoring circuit using the Maxim DS2762.  The overall design is a 3.3v ATtiny2313 design powered by a LiR2450 rechargeable lithium-ion coin cell.

I'd like to learn a bit more about the appropriate FET to use in this sample - does anyone have any suggestions?

No ideas. Nothing in data sheet or application notes that I can see.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

No ideas. Nothing in data sheet or application notes that I can see.

It was a bit vague in the data sheet, wasn't it.  I was hoping I was missing something...

It appears that the logic high for the CC MOSFET is Vpls (the  batterys positive voltage), while it is Vdd (the supply voltage) for the DC MOSFET. I would think that, because there are no further specifications about the MOSFET any logic level P channel mosfet that fits the appropriate voltage ratings would work fine.
Alice asked the Chesire Cat, who was sitting in a tree, "What road do I take?"
The cat asked, "Where do you want to go?"
"I don't know," Ali

Go Up