Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Component Selection Help - Charge/Discharge Protection FET  (Read 1086 times)
Seattle, WA
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

At a bit of a loss regarding component selection attempting to build sample circuit using DS2762 datasheet.  Two components are (to me at least) vaguely specified in the sample circuit; they are described as:

"external P-channel high-side discharge protection FET" and "external P-channel high-side
charge protection FET".

The circuit in question is a battery monitoring circuit using the Maxim DS2762.  The overall design is a 3.3v ATtiny2313 design powered by a LiR2450 rechargeable lithium-ion coin cell.

I'd like to learn a bit more about the appropriate FET to use in this sample - does anyone have any suggestions?

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

No ideas. Nothing in data sheet or application notes that I can see.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Seattle, WA
View Profile

No ideas. Nothing in data sheet or application notes that I can see.

It was a bit vague in the data sheet, wasn't it.  I was hoping I was missing something...

I'm 15. I like making things. I like breaking things better.
View Profile

It appears that the logic high for the CC MOSFET is Vpls (the  batterys positive voltage), while it is Vdd (the supply voltage) for the DC MOSFET. I would think that, because there are no further specifications about the MOSFET any logic level P channel mosfet that fits the appropriate voltage ratings would work fine.

Alice asked the Chesire Cat, who was sitting in a tree, "What road do I take?"
The cat asked, "Where do you want to go?"
"I don't know," Ali

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: