Poll
Question: is it possable to have a lcd with data , linked to a control dial
lcd and midi - 0 (0%)
lcd and data - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: rotary encoder interacting an lcd  (Read 765 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

hi all, im new to this site and just ordered my first uno and midi sheild, but while waiting for them to arrive in post, loads of idea's have come to mind, so please bare with me.  heres my question - is it possable to have an lcd screen, with all the important data available on a scrolling mechanism, and also the lcd linked to and interactive with a potentiameter dial or up and down buttons (ie inc and dec).

the idea i have is with midi, and to send midi control mesages, program changes and all things midi, be able to see a visual interpritation of  midi data and then send that data out to my musical equipment. the lcd would be used for, a visual display (scrolling system) for midi implimentation information, connected to a dial or inc and dec buttons to send midi data to my gear.

is this all possable, or am i asking too much of arduino?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 10:33:06 pm by robertbeattie » Logged

Global Moderator
Netherlands
Shannon Member
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, however in practice there are many...
View Profile

Welcome Robert,

Please take some time to modify the title of your request to reflect your need, I think 95% of the threads are asking for "help" smiley

The more info you provide, the better answers you can expect, we don't have crystal balls to see what you can see smiley-wink

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile

KE7GKP,

Thanks for mentioning  smiley-wink

OP, depending on the midi shield (please provide link), my phi-2 shield may be able to stack on top of it. It has lcd and buttons and I have released lots of libraries and codes to support this shield. I have also developed an LCD keypad panel with serial interface so you only need 2 I/O pins to control the display and all 16 buttons and buzzer etc. Take a look at this one link if you want some details:

http://liudr.wordpress.com/gadget/phi-panel/

It makes programming buttons as easy as serial.read, which is like the second example you go through when you get your arduino.

View Profile

alologee for the title (help) i should of been more precise

link to midisheild - http://www.coolcomponents.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=50_76&products_id=492

thanx to all for your input, much appreciated

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile

Wow, this makes it impossible to stack anything above it. Just look at the big shafts, plus it has buttons. Maybe you should get a loose LCD module or a serial LCD package.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: