Go Down

Topic: For Sale: iRobot Roomba 530 (UK only) (Read 2086 times) previous topic - next topic

mowcius

I'm having one of those clear outs which you regret a few months later after you realise you've chucked out what you need but it's got to be done.

Anyway, the Roomba's a model 530 and the vac unit is broken (not sure what's up with that but I can't say it matters). I've had it driving around controlled by my arduino so the control interface and drive all works fine. I've had it hanging around for ages now and keep telling myself I'm going to use it and haven't got round to it so I think it's time for it to go.

If someone's interested then send me a PM with an offer and we can negotiate something.

Sorry, UK only though as shipping costs will stop it being worth it for anyone abroad.

cr0sh

Sorry, UK only though as shipping costs will stop it being worth it for anyone abroad.

Aww - too bad; I was hoping to add it to my "broken roomba army" I'm organizing in my shop...

;)
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

mowcius

Well I'm happy to look into shipping prices but there's not much point really as I'm sure it won't be worth it.

cr0sh

Well I'm happy to look into shipping prices but there's not much point really as I'm sure it won't be worth it.

Hey - why not; let's see what it would cost to go from where you're at (?) to 85304 in Arizona, USA? Just for S&Gs, k?

LOL

:D
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

mowcius

We're talking about £40 if you want to get it in 2 months :D

bld

hmm, I had my cat's water fountain shipped from UK, it is bigger than a roomba, and is actually a bit heavy, shipping was not that bad to Denmark :) I could still get it cheaper from UK than I could here... even with the extra shipping
captain-slow.dk | non contagious!

mowcius

Well yeah but businesses get cheaper shipping than individuals.

Maybe it could be a little less than £40 but still not worth it - I'm also not prepared to go through that much hassle :D

Grumpy_Mike

Have you tried Royal Mail Parcel Force? I was quoted £40 from a courier (DHL) and £9.80 from Parcel Force for a small under 1Kg package.

mowcius

for a small under 1Kg package.

Unfortunately it weighs rather more than that and isn't a small package either - even in a different box.

cr0sh

for a small under 1Kg package.

Unfortunately it weighs rather more than that and isn't a small package either - even in a different box.

Hey - what part of the vac unit is broken?

My wife and I have a 560 - and I had to resolder the wires to the motor on the brush unit (cold joints), and a couple of days ago, I re-oiled (and thoroughly cleaned) the vacuum impeller motor (it was squealing like a pig - dry bearings, a little 3-in-1 machine oil and all was good - but I had to super-glue the impeller back on the shaft). My wife runs ours about twice a day, every day - so it gets real heavy use.

Maybe your's is having a similar problem that could be fixed...?

:)

mowcius

Well it is the motor that simply doesn't work but I haven't got round to looking at it in detail.

Perhaps I could fix it but I don't want to use it as a robot vac anyway :D

Well if nobody wants it then it might sit around for a while longer ;)

blackwellj

How much were you thinking including delivery ?

mowcius

How much were you thinking including delivery ?

As said in the first post, make me an offer via PM. :)

Go Up