Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Component in Eagle  (Read 2033 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi,

I´m sure this or a similar component is present in Eagle PCB libraries, but i can´t find it.
It´s a DIP screw terminal.

Component:
http://uk.farnell.com/multicomp/pa001-6/terminal-block-pcb-6way-vertical/dp/1357321

Can someone help me?

Best regards

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Faraday Member
Baldengineer
View Profile

I searched the library for "screw".  Under con-wago-500 there are a series of screw clamps which may be similar to the part you are asking about.  It might take a little bit of research to verify.

You could also just use a "header" with the same spacing, then draw a box around it as a visual keep out.

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.c

Shannon Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

The Wago 500's are 0.2 inch spacing, which is a common pitch for screw terminals, the Multicomp one you link to is actually 5.00mm spacing, which will match for a short row, but a long strip will misregister as 0.2" is 5.08mm.  Buy sets of 2 3 or 4 and they will likely fit, more than that and they probably won't...

Its relatively easy to define your own components in Eagle BTW.

Also Farnell probably have some 0.2" spacing connectors too...

[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Look for Phoenix - the library has parts for them.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

LOS GATOS, CA, USA
The TinkerTech Blog and the MusheenShop
View Profile

Sort of a threadjack, does anyone know if there a 2.54 pitch version of this type of screw terminal, that would fit perfboard.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Did you search for Phoenix at all?

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Faraday Member
Baldengineer
View Profile

As Crossroads suggests, look to Phoenix.  I looked on Mouser and found 5.08 pitch headers from Phoenix.

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.c

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
View Profile

Here's their 2-pin version.
Didn't realize I hadn't grabbed the Phoenix parts in the search.
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=277-1273-ND

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: