Go Down

Topic: If light falls below x LUX, Activate LEDs (Read 580 times) previous topic - next topic

tyqre

I bought my very first Arduino Uno today with my first project in mind. If the light in a room falls below, lets say... 10 LUX, it should activate the LEDs. How would i go about doing this. I have the photo sensor and the LEDs. I have some Idea, i just dont know how to call out the photo sensor in the code and all that.

Many thanks, Mitch.

MarkT

There are many different kinds of photo sensor - do you have a link to the datasheet for the one you are using?
[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

tyqre

There are many different kinds of photo sensor - do you have a link to the datasheet for the one you are using?

Its this one http://www.adafruit.com/products/161

James C4S

There is a pretty extensive Photocell tutorial link on that same product page.  Probably far more detailed we could give you in a forum post. 

Try working through that tutorial and ask questions based on that work.
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

tyqre

There is a pretty extensive Photocell tutorial link on that same product page.  Probably far more detailed we could give you in a forum post. 

Try working through that tutorial and ask questions based on that work.

ok thanks.

Go Up