Go Down

Topic: If light falls below x LUX, Activate LEDs (Read 648 times) previous topic - next topic

tyqre

I bought my very first Arduino Uno today with my first project in mind. If the light in a room falls below, lets say... 10 LUX, it should activate the LEDs. How would i go about doing this. I have the photo sensor and the LEDs. I have some Idea, i just dont know how to call out the photo sensor in the code and all that.

Many thanks, Mitch.

MarkT

There are many different kinds of photo sensor - do you have a link to the datasheet for the one you are using?
[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

tyqre

There are many different kinds of photo sensor - do you have a link to the datasheet for the one you are using?

Its this one http://www.adafruit.com/products/161

James C4S

There is a pretty extensive Photocell tutorial link on that same product page.  Probably far more detailed we could give you in a forum post. 

Try working through that tutorial and ask questions based on that work.
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

tyqre

There is a pretty extensive Photocell tutorial link on that same product page.  Probably far more detailed we could give you in a forum post. 

Try working through that tutorial and ask questions based on that work.

ok thanks.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy