Go Down

Topic: Arduino Animatronic Parrot (Disney's Tiki Room) (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Sep 01, 2011, 06:26 am Last Edit: Sep 01, 2011, 06:31 am by FireyFate Reason: 1
This is my first Arduino project... I was going to wait until I was finished to post, but I'm too happy with how it's coming out to wait.

It interfaces with a 1940s radio I gutted and digetized.  I am animating the entire 19 minute Tiki Room show... so far I've got 15 minutes done and it is around 1800 lines of code.  I've got 4 servos running, X10 interface, and 3 different sets of PWM controlled LEDs.

I will upload the whole video when it's done and installed, but for now here is the big finale portion as it stands.  *The beak has a servo too, but you wont see it in this clip.  If you look through my youtube videos there are plenty of him talking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B5bsEvjOIc

And here is the radio my animatronic is tied to.  I wish I would have known about Arduino before I built it, but instead it has a Sparkfun MP3 trigger in it.  Also has a total of 7 LED colors in the dial and back that change depending on the selected channel.

CrossRoads

Nice project.
The strobe light gets annoying, hard on the eyes.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Thanks for the feedback!

The strobes were meant to build some tension during that part, maybe I went a little over-zealous... I might tone them down a bit and see how it looks. 

After 15 minutes of that bird dancing around already, I had to do something different with it though!

Go Up