Go Down

Topic: continuous servo refuses to rotate any other direction (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

zoomkat

Another blurb on that servo, for only $19.90! One probably could easily make this servo from one of the $1.99 servos. 

http://www.advancenow.com.au/servlet/the-359/360-degree-Servo-Continuous/Detail
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   8)

tianshiz

i actually bought mine for $2, so it was a bargain for less work. I just tested both code and Mike's couldnt change the servo direction. Zoomkat's didnt make it move at all.

Is this busted? I have 2 of them and neither of them works.

zoomkat

Is this busted? I have 2 of them and neither of them works.

Often people miss wire the servos, have inadequate power supplys, don't connect the arduino and servo power supply grounds, etc.. Below us a basic servo wiring setup.

Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   8)

tianshiz

I have a usb breakoutboard from sparkfun that powers and serially connects my arduino to the computer. Then I have an external power src of 5v running in my servo. My servo has black, red and white wires so I naturally connect black to ground, red to power and white to arduino. though red is in between black and white, unlike in your diagram.

One thing though is that my servo does not share ground with the arduino, is that a big problem?

Grumpy_Mike

Go Up