Go Down

Topic: Ardunio Mega 5V pin Current Draw (Read 394 times) previous topic - next topic

budder8818

Ardunio Mega

I was looking at the specs for the Mega, the current limit for the 3.3 volt pin is 50mA but it doesn't list the limit for 5 volt pin. How much current can this pin supply? Thanks

retrolefty

Sep 01, 2011, 05:00 pm Last Edit: Sep 01, 2011, 05:03 pm by retrolefty Reason: 1
Which pin are you asking about, any given I/O pin? Or the +5vdc power pin on the shield connector. If that latter you are limited to 500ma total (board + external components) due to the USB and on board thermfuse limits. If powering the board via external power connector the total +5vdc current consumption must be less then 800ma or so, but that could depend on the actual Vin voltage level as that plus total +5vdc current consumption determines the heat dissapation limit for the +5vdc regulator.

Lefty

budder8818

Yes, it is the supply 5 volt pin not an I/O pin. I thought maybe the supply pin would supply more than the I/O pins.

retrolefty

Yes, it is the supply 5 volt pin not an I/O pin. I thought maybe the supply pin would supply more than the I/O pins.

Yes it can, see my prior post.

Go Up