Go Down

Topic: Ardunio Mega 5V pin Current Draw (Read 432 times) previous topic - next topic

budder8818

Ardunio Mega

I was looking at the specs for the Mega, the current limit for the 3.3 volt pin is 50mA but it doesn't list the limit for 5 volt pin. How much current can this pin supply? Thanks

retrolefty

Sep 01, 2011, 05:00 pm Last Edit: Sep 01, 2011, 05:03 pm by retrolefty Reason: 1
Which pin are you asking about, any given I/O pin? Or the +5vdc power pin on the shield connector. If that latter you are limited to 500ma total (board + external components) due to the USB and on board thermfuse limits. If powering the board via external power connector the total +5vdc current consumption must be less then 800ma or so, but that could depend on the actual Vin voltage level as that plus total +5vdc current consumption determines the heat dissapation limit for the +5vdc regulator.

Lefty

budder8818

Yes, it is the supply 5 volt pin not an I/O pin. I thought maybe the supply pin would supply more than the I/O pins.

retrolefty

Yes, it is the supply 5 volt pin not an I/O pin. I thought maybe the supply pin would supply more than the I/O pins.

Yes it can, see my prior post.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy