Go Down

Topic: Standalone Arduino 328P, Uno board as programmer (Read 8669 times) previous topic - next topic

CrossRoads

"13 to 13, 12 to 12, 11 to 11, 10 to RESET, GND to GND, +5 to +5."

Master pins are listed first, yes?
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

westfw

"13 to 13, 12 to 12, 11 to 11, 10 to RESET, GND to GND, +5 to +5."
Master pins are listed first, yes?

Yes.  Note that the "reset" connection (from pin 10 of the "programmer" Arduino to RESET on the "target" arduino") is the only one that has different signals on each end...

sbright33

It should say that in the Readme on Github.
Which Sketch do I use for Fusebytes?
If you fall... I'll be there for you!
-Floor

Skype Brighteyes3333
(262) 696-9619

westfw

It should say that in the Readme on Github.

It says it in the source code.  Note that the original intent was that you'd go from the programmer system to a 6pin programmer cable that would then plug into the ISP connector, so the current documentation (in the source code) is worded with that in mind.

Which Sketch do I use for Fusebytes?

https://github.com/WestfW/fusebytes

sbright33

It says that it SHOWS the values.  Can we change them?
-Floor

Skype Brighteyes3333
(262) 696-9619

sbright33

@Crossroads - It'll work with my new chips?  The hex in the Optiloader sketch is compatible?
-Floor

Skype Brighteyes3333
(262) 696-9619

westfw

Fusebyte shows the fuse values (and some other info.)  You can't change them with a sketch; you need a programmer and programmer software (eg ArduinoISP and AVRDude.)

CrossRoads

Sbright,
Yes, a 328 at 16 MHz is a 328 at 16 MHz.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

dmtaub

Hi I have an Arduino UNO with a fried atmega328 and I replaced it with a 168 I had laying around which already had a bootloader in it. I used the board settings at http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php?topic=28218.0 to enable programming it via the IDE. Now I wanted to program some new 328's on a breadboard of their own. I tried ArduinoISP and WestfW's optiLoader, but with no success.  :~

Any ideas? One possible issue would be that the 168s not running optiboot (got it from sparkfun a year or two ago), but it can be programmed by the aforementioned board settings, so I'm not sure how else to tell.

Coding Badly

After uploading the ArduinoISP sketch, what did you do to disable auto-reset?

Go Up