Go Down

Topic: Need Help Regarding "Home Automation Through Web" (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

JO3RI

Aug 25, 2011, 09:13 pm Last Edit: Aug 25, 2011, 09:53 pm by JO3RI Reason: 1
Yes we can :D

If your a smart HTML wizard, you can make a fancy website (even with multiple pages) with lots of inputs like text fields, radio buttons or checkboxes. And you can reuse HTML parts. I'll post a link to my own CastDuino project to show you what you can make.

*edit here you go: http://www.jo3ri.be/arduino/arduino-projects/castduino

adis

You can make a client side html with lots of js, css and images and call the web services server (arduino + ethernet) with JSONP. The server side code could be the same for 3 ot 15 devices since you can encode the the device no in the web service call. I did that and it works on most browsers and devices.
Good luck

zoomkat

An important point to decide is if the web page is to be served from the arduino, or can it be served from another server or kept on a desktop.
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   8)

spumanti

You can make a client side html with lots of js, css and images and call the web services server (arduino + ethernet) with JSONP. The server side code could be the same for 3 ot 15 devices since you can encode the the device no in the web service call. I did that and it works on most browsers and devices.
Good luck

Hi Adis.

Would you share your code for using the JSONP method? please   :D
I have been thinking along the same lines; serving a fancy webpage from an actual server, and just fetching some simple values from the arduino, to include on the fancy webpage.

Go Up