Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Help 680uF 35v+ Capacitors needed NW UK  (Read 997 times)
Chester, UK
Trying to return the love to none logic level MOSFETS
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi All
Our TV has just given up the ghost.  Sound but no pictures.  Opened it up and discovered two capacitors on the inverter board have popped.  Has anyone got two handy in the North West UK.  I know it's a long shot but: it's raining, it's a bank holiday and I really like TV!  Flipping Maplin don't stock them.

If your system involves lethal voltages/life critical/flamable elements - you probably shouldn't need to ask.
The Arduino != PC.

Chester, UK
View Profile

Problem solved.  I realised that the two 680uF's were in parallel adding up to 1360uF.  I couldn't get this value either but a 1000uF and 470uF is near enough in my book (they are used for smoothing) and the TV is now working perfectly smiley-lol

If your system involves lethal voltages/life critical/flamable elements - you probably shouldn't need to ask.
The Arduino != PC.

Georgia, US
Arduino makes my head hurt :(
View Profile

Woot

Chester, UK
View Profile

Odd how everyone (other than the people on here) considers: opening a broken TV, working out what is wrong and then fixing it yourself to be witchcraft.  It's quickly becoming the same with cars and household repairs  smiley-sad   

The Arduino != PC.

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

You ask a youngster how to change a 13A plug, most don't even know they come off as we have had sealed leads for such a long time.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: