Go Down

Topic: Connecting a nuelectronics li-poly battery pack to an uno (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

SteveUK

Hi, I bought a 5v li-poly backpack from nuelectronics (http://www.nuelectronics.com/estore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=17) but I'm unsure how to connect it.  The data sheet on the site doesn't go into the connection to an arduino uno.  The photos show it connected to what I believe is pin 2 and pin 6 of the ICSP header.

I dont think going via the power socket and the regulator would be a good idea.

Does anyone have one or anyone knowledgable about the rugght connection please? I guess I could use the Vin and gnd pins but that would preclude a sheild.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Steve.

retrolefty

Well the backpack generates a regulated +5vdc output, so you only have three choices of where to wire it to the arduino:

1. Pins 2 & 6 of the ICSP connector pins
2. +5vdc and ground pins on the shield power connector strip.
3. Take a spare USB cable, cut off the PC end, locate the +5vdc and ground wire from the four wires and wire to the backpack's +5vdc/ground output. Then just plug the USB connector into the board to power your arduino.

Lefty

SteveUK

Thanks retrolefty that was fast.  Yeah I dud sone research online after looking closely at the photo but I just wanted to check it was a redo able approach to use the ICSP header. I know a pro framed would use those pins to power the board so it's no different really.

Thanks again.

S

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy