Go Down

Topic: arduCHIP - Rev A.2 Available (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

fm

Sep 05, 2011, 09:34 pm Last Edit: Oct 10, 2011, 10:54 pm by fm Reason: 1
The arduCHIP is a small compact board and breadboard-friendly based on the ATmega328. It has more or less the same functionality of the Arduino, but in a very small and compact package (20.6mm x 25.8mm).

It requires a 4.5-5.5V, or 1.8 to 4.2 if you run it at 8MHz, regulated power source making it the perfect companion for the arduSTAMP. The serial interface is fully compatible with the USB breakout board of the arduSTAMP or with sparkFun's FTDI basic. The arduCHIP is a compact board that will allow you to have the full power of an Arduino on a very small footprint.

The arduCHIP is meant for users that are familiar with the Arduino environment and are looking for a cost effective bare bones board to use on a constraint space project (less than 7€ BOM including PCB). If you are not familiar with the Arduino environment it is recommend that you first go for the Arduino Duemilanove, the One (they are great boards and a very good starting point) or even the arduSTAMP. arduCHIP does not come with header connectors assembled (only the ISP header) so that you can solder in any connector with the orientation you need for your application.

Here is an image of the IO mapping and PCB.

The entire project is opensouce, I am currently completing the Wiki and preparing the schematics and eagle files and footprints for downloads:
https://bitbucket.org/fmalpartida/arduchip/wiki/Home

Let me know what you think.

I have also ordered a couple of these boards and they are currently on their way. If anyone is interested, please let me know, I am sending them for 2€ each P&P included.

Here are some images of the schematic and PCB.

mmcp42

hmm source only slightly ajar rather than open
bitBucket wants a login!
there are only 10 types of people
them that understands binary
and them that doesn't

fm

I'll put the files in the download section, for modifications you do need to login as the are under source control.

fm

OK, wiki access and source files accessible for downloads. For some reason I forgot to make it public.

Enjoy.

mmcp42

excellent!

if you are selling some - whereabouts does one go to buy?
there are only 10 types of people
them that understands binary
and them that doesn't

Go Up